Power windows and power lock switches

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

my iMiev's power window and power lock switches on the driver's side stopped working.
The power lock switch on the front passenger side does work. The other power window switches on the
front passenger side and in the back don't work.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I made an appointment with Car Max to fix them. That Max Care plan may just be useful after all.

Aaron

Has anyone removed the drivers side door panel for any reason? Vehicle repair or paint or maybe upgrading the speakers? Could be something as simple as a wire harness plug left loose . . . .

Don

I went to the Mitsubishi dealership last week for a recall notice to install a better passenger side airbag.

Can that be related

At the same session, they replaced the two rear tires and did an inspection.

Aaron

If the driver's control pod is disconnected, none of the power windows will work. Neither will the driver's door luck function. This is likely what the issue is. Luckily, the door comes apart pretty easily.

If the control pod needs replaced, it shouldn't have the i-MiEV premium (as the same pod is used in nearly all Mitsubishi vehicles).

Hi Don,

thank you for your help.

Could I take the door apart and fix the control unit myself

Or should I take the car to the Mitsubishi dealership or to Car Max

Aaron

FYI: The passenger window on my mother's used i-MiEV gradually became less responsive and then froze in the down position. Removing the driver's armrest revealed a loose connection that fixed the problem 100%. This car has an aftermarket stereo and bluetooth, etc., so there may have been previous work done on those connections.

Back