zzcoopej

Re: My Car is Only Charging Up to 12 Bars

Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:32 pm

9h1bw wrote:However does the i-Miev have Bluetooth?

To connect your Android phone/tablet to your iMiEV a Wifi or Bluetooth OBD adapter is required. For iOS only Wifi OBD adapters are supported. The iMiEV is quite fussy about the OBD so for EvBatMon we recommend Scantools LX or MX for the best connection.

EvBatMon App for iMiEV/C-Zéro/iOn
Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EvPositive.EvBatMon_iMiEV
iOS (iPhone,iPad,iPod) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/evbatmon-for-mitsubishi-imiev/id1143905475
www.EvPositive.com

9h1bw

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks Dom for that explanation. I never knew it worked like that.
I looked up the software you recommended and I need the obd ii bluetooth dongle to be able to communicate with the iMiev computer. I went on eBay and found a variety of dongles with varying extremes in price. I read also that one has to be careful as not all the dongles will work on the iMiev. What model number did you buy?

Regards

Chris

kiev

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:14 am

ScanTool LX , but beware of fakes and cheap clones on ebay--only a real LX will work.
kiev = kenny's innovative electric vehicle

9h1bw

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:45 am

Thank you all for your help. I am now more serene that I do have a problem in the battery but that I was relying too much on an inaccurate meter.

Have a nice day

Chris.

PV1
Site Moderator

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:55 am

Ed5000, any updates on your situation? I take it that the dealer has the car now?
"Bear" - 2012 Diamond White Pearl ES with QC - 2/21/2013
Solar-powered since 10/10/2013

"Koorz" - 2012 Cool Silver Metallic ES with QC - 1/5/2015

2017 Bolt EV LT in Orange with QC - 7/31/2017

Driving electric since 2-21-2013.

ed5000

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:24 pm

PV1 wrote:Ed5000, any updates on your situation? I take it that the dealer has the car now?

Hi PV1, The dealer has had the car since Monday morning. At first they were not sure if its the inverter or battery pack but now they said they're 90% sure it's the battery pack. They also said that the "battery won't take a charge" which is a new development.

So far the dealer has been great to work with. They offered me a rental car but so far I'm having fun taking my folding bike on the BART train. He said the car rental didn't have any electrics anyway. :cry: ;) I'll probably call them Friday if I don't hear from them sooner.
2012 ES, Cool Metalic Silver, no quick charge, no fog lights and no navi but a cold weather package for when it gets 13 below, wait - it never gets that cold here.
"Silver Shadow"

ed5000

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:11 pm

I checked in with my Mitsu dealer today (Monday) and they have ordered the battery and expect it by the end of the week. He said they have to order a device to install the battery (battery lift?) as there's only one device like this on the entire West coast. It sounds like I could have the car by next week. :D
2012 ES, Cool Metalic Silver, no quick charge, no fog lights and no navi but a cold weather package for when it gets 13 below, wait - it never gets that cold here.
"Silver Shadow"

Don
Site Moderator

Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:56 pm

While getting the battery replaced is a bit of a pain, it will be really NICE to have a brand new battery in your 5 year old car!

Kinda wish one of mine would crap out so I could get it replaced :lol:

Don
2012 iMiEV SE Premium, White
2012 iMiEV SE, White
2014 Ford Transit Connect XLT SWB wagon, 14,000 miles
1994 Miata 60K miles - Soon to be sold
1979 Honda CBX six into six

ed5000

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:32 am

Don wrote:While getting the battery replaced is a bit of a pain, it will be really NICE to have a brand new battery in your 5 year old car!

Kinda wish one of mine would crap out so I could get it replaced :lol:

Don

It will be very nice. It sure caught me off guard though. Wasn't expecting that. I am sure missing the car, especially at first but now I'm getting used to taking the Bart train. There's definitely a learning curve to it if you don't regularly take it.

It's a little OT but I've decided that the Bart system is a very valuable system to the Bay Area. Construction started in the 1960's when I was very young; I remember Market Street in SF being ripped open for years. Then I recently read how unique the system really is with it's early computerized controls, extra wide non-standard tracks (for speeding through corners?) and a 1000 volt drive system voltage, unique to only the Bart system (and maybe foreign bullet trains) for extra fast takeoffs between stations. Having a 330 volt I-miev and comparing to the lower voltages of my sparrow and various electric bike voltages (up to 90 volts!) I have an appreciation for that.
"Silver Shadow"

ChaplainBill

Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:48 am

My car is in the dealer shop, again. I was so happy with my brand new traction battery installed via warranty last month (took over a month here in Honolulu to get it done though!) that I was thinking of leaving my newly purchased Chevy Bolt in Portland and shipping here after July. (closed the deal on Dec 28th, 2016 and already got my tax credit/refund filed=getting the whole amount as a result!). BUT. . . Went to start the I-Miev, which was showing ranges (90-96miles) comparable to when brand new, and the wonderful "Ready" bing sound did not ring!!! What a surprise ! All the dash indicator trouble lights came on, but no "ready". It was like the computer needed a reset, so I disconnected the starting battery, waited a few minutes, and tried again. No new response, just lots of lights (including engine trouble-go to dealer!),tried the next day, after attempting to charge up-no change; so I had AAA tow it in on a trailer/truck and the dealer has still (after 3 weeks) not come up with a diagnosis. They keep calling Japan, sending test results, telling me a fuse has blown, but not sure which one?? Anyone have a similar crash of the car's "operating system"???? The Mitsu service representative said a controller part/unit may need to be replaced, but no idea which one is faulty. She is really trying, but so "in the dark" about my vehicle.
Aloha, and Mahalo for any help or ideas for my sad car.

Return to “Batteries and Battery Management”