Emission control sticker

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karellen

Can anyone tell me where the emissions control sticker is located? I'm currently sitting at the CA DMV and they won't register it because they can't find the sticker.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is one

Why would a ZERO emissions vehicle need an 'emissions control' sticker?

Don

I looked up the law - "From model year 1970 on, passenger cars and light duty trucks are equipped with a vehicle emission control information label, affixed to the engine or the engine compartment"

I checked and we don't have a sticker on the engine or in it's compartment . . . . but then we don't have an 'emission control system' there either

Don

Don said:
I checked and we don't have a sticker on the engine or in it's compartment . . . . but then we don't have an 'emission control system' there either
Also, we don't have an engine.

FFS though, they should know how to deal with electric cars in California.

In the back of the car, lift up the carpet (there's an indent by the latch). Under that is a black cover. Remove it, and along the passenger side frame rail down by the motor, the emissions tag should be there.

karellen, presumably by now you've got your i-MiEV through California DMV and happily registered. Reminds me of the terrible hassle I had with DMV when I brought my Sparrow into the state and they wanted a serial number for the 'engine' - they refused to go under the vehicle to look and instead sent me to the Highway Patrol - saved the officer's clean clothes by sticking a camera in the cavity and luckily found the motor's nameplate. I, too, was surprised at the emissions sticker requirement and haven't yet gone looking for the one on my i-MiEV. FWIW here's what one looks like on the Tesla:

TeslaEmissionSticker.jpg

Back