EvBatMon

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tinoale said:
Looks like the the Ah and PMC values that are displayed are not properly going into the txt file.

We have had a report from another user with the same issue and we will look into this bug shortly. In the meantime if you wish you can carefully edit the PMC file and insert the capacity reading so that you have a complete line of data. You can then run the upload. Each line of the PMC file should look like this -

VIN,yyyy-MM-dd,km,PMC,AhCapacity

eg
VIN,2016-05-23,28657,93.95%,35.7

Note the VIN is currently entered as part of the upload process so just leave the word "VIN" in the PMC file. To date we have been unable to read it automatically from the iMiEV however I know it is possible as it is in caniOn.

Currently you do need to contribute at least 1 datapoint before you can see the graphs.

Ok, I did manually input the data into the txt file, and uploaded it, success !
True there are not many contributions so far but my data point is right on top of the averaged all vehicle graph, that is somehow reassuring.

I've tried today using the app during a drive and I can't get it to work. No data is shown in the other pages (speed, motor page), I get a constant stream of messages "connecting" "connected" "ODB not supported" etc. Very, very erratic and not usable. I'm going to try reinstalling it.

tinoale said:
I've tried today using the app during a drive and I can't get it to work.

If you continue to have troubles, can you enable the debug log in preferences and run the app a couple of times. Then on your device, look for a file with a name like "EvBatMon_Debug....txt" and email it to us, thanks. Please also let us know the exact URL (eg ebay listing) where you purchased the OBD from. It looks like there might be a new chip batch causing troubles. For best compatibility, we recommend the Scantools OBDlink devices.

Ok, more tries, I confirm I can't get the motor page to work.

I got the log file. To which email should I send it ?

BTW I'm using an ODBLink MX Wifi, not an eBay ODB.

mikedufty said:
zzcoopej said:
I encourage more EvBatMon users to contribute their data!
I'd be happy to contribute data if I could get it to work on my car.

I'll second that!

I've tried everything suggested in the forum (and more) to get EvBatMon to connect to my scandisk bluetooth OBD (bought directly from scandisk). Canion works great with it. Connects every time and stays connected until I shut it down. Finally I did a complete uninstall of EvBatMon because some bluetooth connectivity issues showed up with Canion while it was installed. After uninstalling EvBatMon my tablet is back to running Canion smoothly/seamlessly once again.

Aerowhatt

zzcoopej said:
As I just received a PM I thought this answer might be useful to others -
The iOS version of EvBatMon is currently being developed and we are hoping for an August 2016 release.

For those waiting on the iOS version of EvBatMon I can confirm we are currently in beta testing and on schedule to release around August 28th.

Palm35, I moved your post into this thread which is a discussion of the app itself rather than the thread you had posted to which is a discussion and interpretation of the readings obtained. As you can see, the iOS version is almost available.

Palm35 said:
In the Apple Store, I find only EvBatMon for Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and nothing for the iMiev C-Zero, iOn..
Is it normal ?

Good news, the iMiev/C-Zero/iOn version has just been approved, here is the link - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/evbatmon-for-mitsubishi-imiev/id1143905475

Sorry, there was an unexpected 5 day delay while Apple approves our Apps (Google takes an hour or two).

Hi,

Anyone has had any success in getting the data upload to the website to work without having to manually edit the text file ?

Still not working for me, on 2 separate devices that run CaniOn without issues.

Disappointed in the support I'm getting (no actual advancement thus far).

Back