Traction battery warranty extended to 10 years in Portugal

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats.

Despite letters we've received in the US, battery warranty is still quoted as 8 years. Even in my garage on http://mitsubishicars.com both cars show 8 years though I received a letter for each car.

Malm said:
I had this information today. My battery warranty was extended to 10 years. Great, great news.
Fantastic!

I hope this applies in Norway also. It makes it easier to own an more-than-5-years-old iMiev.

Where did you get the information from? And what did the information tell you?

bobakka said:
Malm said:
I had this information today. My battery warranty was extended to 10 years. Great, great news.
Fantastic!

I hope this applies in Norway also. It makes it easier to own an more-than-5-years-old iMiev.

Where did you get the information from? And what did the information tell you?

My i-MiEV is from March 2011. In Portugal the car is sold with 5 years warranty for what makes it an electric car, like motor, traction battery, internal charger,... That warranty is over, for me. I'm now doing the fifth annual check, and the person who always work in my car received an internal information that some i-MiEVs in Portugal get an extension for the warranty for the traction battery (and only the traction battery), for another more 5 years. My car is one of them. It says what the original warranty said. Doesn´t apply to normal rate of degradation.

phb10186 said:
I'm going to write to Mitsubishi UKand see if I can get an answer

Question:

Will Mitsubishi be extending the traction battery warranty from 5 years to 10 years in the UK for the I-MIEV?

Answer:

'I write to confirm that the Mitsubishi I-MiEV has a component warranty, which includes the traction battery, for 5 year/Unlimited mileage.

There are plans to extend this warranty for UK specification variants'

Extended warranty for the traction battery is the important thing for me. My iMiev was registred February 2011 so I hope it is an world-wide warranty extension.

Back