yea! it's on it's way!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickmaz

Cool, cool, cool...got this email today from mitsubishi:

------------------

Right now your Mitsubishi i is onboard a special car-carrying vessel, heading east across the Pacific Ocean. You're about to become one of the first people in the United States to own the year's most anticipated all-electric vehicle.

The ship will stop first in Tacoma and unload vehicles for our Washington and Oregon customers. Next stop: Port Hueneme, California, via an environmentally sensitive north-south shipping lane. (The migrating grey whale now understands why people call i "The Most Likeable Car on the Planet.") Last stop is San Diego, where the Hawaii-bound cars will be staged for the final leg of their journey.

Keep an eye on your inbox. We'll send another update after your i is unloaded and on its way to the dealership.

------------

too bad Hawaii isn't the first stop on the way though! shouldn't be long now!

-----------

only thing is....too bad I'll be having to use 110V to charge it, since BestBuy/GeekSquad/Eaton can't seem to get their act together and sell me a L2 charger...I may end up having to buy the Home Depot one....gack

Yea! another great development today. Since the island I live on is outside of GeekSquad's Honolulu branch service area, Eaton decided to sell a charger directly to me, and it will be on its way on Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to get the building permit and my electrician scheduled soon so I will be able to do level 2 charging from my carport. By the way retail price on the charger is not $700, like several articles have mentioned. It is actually $1075, which isn't too bad when you compare it with the Home Depot options. Also, according the the Mitsubishi disclosure form I had to sign when I ordered the car, you must use the Eaton charger to retain the 8yr/100,000 mi battery warranty.

Should be driving my new very efficient electric car soon! Just for other Hawaii people's interest, I'm also installing 8 extra 260W solar panels (we already have 24 panels for the house) just so I won't have to buy electricity to run the car. Eventually I think I'll break even, especially since gas here is consistently over $4/gal.

jjlink-> I think a ship takes about 4 days to cross the Pacific, so the Washington/Oregon guys should have their cars next week I think.

How about car insurance for your Mitsubishi I ? When I purchase my Smart car 2008, there were only two company in the USA that would cover it. Nobody knew anything about the car and the crash tests had not been done at that time in the USA.

I use USAA, and haven't contacted them yet, but I did notice that it's listed on their website, so it will probably go ok with them I hope. I'll let you know after I talk to them.

I wonder if the Level 2 EVSE Eaton sold you for $1075 is at the MSRP, or is Bestbuy going to mark it up even more.

I see a vendor selling them for $1,395.00 here
http://yourgreencontractor.us/?page_id=65
Eaton C-H Wall Mount SAR3BX000000 – $1395

Here I see the Town of Normal being quoted $1,479.00 each by Cresent Electric Supply Company.
http://www.normal.org/Gov/Council/AM/Report2011_11_07.pdf
SAR3BX000000 $1,479.00 EA
EVSE LEVEL 2 WALL 30A ; 18FT CABLE
EATON CORPORATION

Man that’s my issue with the Mitsubishi. I love my provider, The Hartford, and refuse to switch but I’m not a 100% sure they cover these. Imma ask them tomorrow and see.

Here's the latest: I "i" appears to be on the way from the west coast, back to Hawaii and is supposed to be in Honolulu on Dec 7th. I have airline tickets to go to Oahu and finish purchasing the car on Dec 12th. Then it just has to go on a barge to Hilo. My Eaton charger came yesterday, and my electrician is scheduled to come and install it (along with 8 more solar panels) this week. It's all coming together! Lucky too, since I should still be able to qualify for all the tax credits/hawaii rebates...good timing!

BTW I got my first electric car ride yesterday...I was playing organ in a Christmas concert, and one of the singers had a Leaf, and took me around the block...now I'm really chomping at the bit to get my 'i' and start enjoying electric driving!!

Yea!

It's now December 8th - has anybody filled you in on where your Mitsubishi i is right now? Has it made it to Hawaii?

Yep, my car is at Cutter Mitsubishi in Honolulu! All prepped and ready for me to see it on Monday, when I fly out to Oahu to finalize the sale. I'll get to see it and drive it around on Monday when I visit the dealership. They said they'd charge it all up before they ship it to the Big Island. Should have some pix for you guys late Monday when I get back home.

Still working on getting my Eaton charger installed. My electrician has been busy this week. Hopefully by next week!

Cool, cool, cool!

Back