Replacing Filament Running Lights With LED Bulbs

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even from the aesthetic standpoint, these LED lights look much better than yellowish halogen.

FYI- my first LED DRL attempt was aborted because the first LED wouldn't light up, though the lamp proved good once I removed it from the car and went back to incandescent. Though Martin Winlow was able to run a mixed pair in the post that started this thread, I now think the incandescent that was still burning in the second socket prevented the LED from lighting up (though I had thought the LEDs had less resistance).
So, when I get the time I'll re-install BOTH LEDS and see if they function properly.

Moral of the story? Half-measures might not work....

Philips ultinon is what I put in our headlights.
They are about 9-10W each and has been working just fine for the past months.

The DRL ones are some CE approved ones from osram which are about 6W. I tested some foglights from osram and they are ok however the least wattage-model will be 6W.

being an efficient car and all, you would think they would put led's all over the imiev in the first place??

Lief said:
being an efficient car and all, you would think they would put led's all over the imiev in the first place??
The original sales price for the 2012's was near $30K. I'm pretty sure they were looking for every possible way to lower that, rather than adding things to raise it even more. I'm sure many 'nice to have' things like LED lights were left off purposely trying to lower costs

Few of us here were willing to pony up $30K to buy one of these - I suspect there wouldn't be too many owners here on this forum if the price hadn't come down significantly over time . . . . or if there hadn't been so many great bargains on used lease cars

Don

Hi everybody.
I changed all lamps except beams and 2 top brakes to leds. Sometimes later I got SRS fault light on. I thought it could be because I need to do last recall (something about SRS). Today I did recall, but SRS fault light didn't disappear. Dealer told me it could be because of leds. They tried to clear SRS fault light but can't. So probably I need to return back regular lamps to see if it will help to remove SRS fault light. Anybody hear something about it? I remember it was problem with regeneration braking if you use all leds in top brake light and I remember somebody had engine fault light because of leds, but I don't remember anything similar about SRS fault light.

I changed the interior lights, as well as side and rear marker lights, to LED without issue.

Maybe try changing the top brake light back to all incandescent?

Yes I will try. I will try to change back all easy ones (i don't want to remove front bumper to change back headlights). But I really I don't think that problem in leds, because I don't remember that SRS light came just after changing any light to led.

So my problem with SRS fault light solved by dealer. They changed impact sensor I don't know which one - didn't help. So second time they changed main SRS system unit and light disappeared. So I believe problem was not related to LEDs, but I changed some LEDs back to lamps already.

Back