EvBatMon

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My MX works with both apps, but I'm not sure I can recommend the MX. I can't really leave it plugged in all the time as my devices can no longer connect after a couple of days. But, when it does work, it works well.

Got another bug. The charge current PID is about 50 amps off on my US i-MiEV. When the car is READY but in Park, it usually only pulls 1 amp from the battery, but the PID is showing -49 amps. It should only read -1 amp when the car is idle. I love how customizable the displays are and how light the app is.

It'll be very interesting to follow the continuing development of EVBatMon.

Update on OBDLink LX prize for the website: Normal prize is not $100, but $69.95. Currently on offer for $49.95.

I moved this topic to the Instruments sub-forum. As with the CaniOn threads, this thread will be dedicated to the app itself (bugs, new version announcements, everything regarding the app), and another thread will be created that will be used to post and discuss the data provided by EVBatMon. The data thread can be found here (http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3056).

Bug/feature request.

Would it be possible to add better support for landscape viewing? I have this app on my Android head unit, and there are settings I can't change because they run off the bottom of the screen (the beep at 0 amps in charge current, for example).

I can post a screenshot if you'd like.

Thanks for sharing about this app.

It was extremely difficult to get it work on my android 5.1 and the app keeps provoking the phone's Launcher to shut down.

I've borrowed a OBDLink LX from another iOn owner and used the canion this way and works. We tried the EvBatMon app on his Lenovo android tablet without figuring out how to make this work. The app seamed unable to communicate with the obdlink.

After more than 2 days of attempts to connect the obdlink and app I discovered a way which worked mostly.
1. Factory reset OBDLink.
2. Activate bluetooth on phone/tablet and pair with obdlink.
3. Start app.
4. App: Press Menu and Disconnect from emulator.
5. Press the button on the obdlink to connect.
6. App: Press Preferences and change to Bluetooth and insert bluetooth name of obdlink.
7. App: Still in Preferences Tick the "Display.."
8. App: Press Save.
9. App: "Connecting" text appears. Otherwise press Connect.
10. App: if no numbers and screen stays with the text "Connect", try unplug the obdlink and insert this again.
11. App: if still no numbers try close the app and clear its data. Then start up the app, press preferences on the app and setup the bluetooth connection. Press Connect in the menu.
12. App: if still no numbers then factory resetting the obd, clearing data from the app and re-pairing the bluetooth connection has proven useful. In my eagerness to make it work I've read how the manufacture of the obdlink lx had issues with some of the LX models causing them to unable to unable to pair and get data from car.

With much eagerness I made contact with the iOn and it shows 38.7Ah and reads some 80.6pmc. The car has gone 11kkm and from 2011.

A screenshot is shared with an iOn community here on their fb group. https://m.facebook.com/groups/1738688933043200?message_id=1776136292631797&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like&actorid=1449781492&notif_id=1459800000968567

How does the app update when the bugs are fixed cause I get no option to update?

May those discoveries be of contribution to others.

Updates are found in the My Apps section of Google Play.

I updated mine and can't get it work right. Will post more details later.

I got the second release to work, spent 30 minutes or so setting up my gauges. This morning, they were all gone. So, I get on Google Play and see the third release available (I thought maybe I got the new release after doing a re-install last night, but this was before you posted).

Once I updated to the latest, it worked immediately. Since I was already on the road, I only added one gauge while at a stoplight. I'll see if it stays. Landscape support seems better, but I didn't explore all the menus yet.

Just curious, how are the customizations and setting stored? Is there a config file/folder that I can back up? None of the customizations stuck through the first update (original release to 2nd release), or through the night on the second release (radio shuts down Android after 2 hours with the car off. FYI, this unit is a Newsmy Carpad II NU3001).

PV1 said:
Just curious, how are the customizations and setting stored? Is there a config file/folder that I can back up? None of the customizations stuck through the first update (original release to 2nd release)

Gauge customisations are currently only saved on exit of the App. If we change that so that customisations are saved every time gauge properties are changed it will solve your issues. We will try to get this in the next release.
I think you lost your customisations when updating due to the bug in the V18 release, sorry. The customisations are currently stored in an internal file which is not accessible from "My files". I have logged a feature request so you can backup this file.

Once I updated to the latest release this morning, I added a gauge just to make it different, and it did stick through a power cycle. I went ahead and set my gauges back up. It should be good now.

I probably lost the config when I un-installed and re-installed the app last night. Being able to backup/restore the config would be welcome. Actually, just having the file accessible in a file explorer would work just fine. This would be similar to how CaniOn functions with its database.

PV1 said:
I probably lost the config when I un-installed and re-installed the app last night.

Ah yes, we do that to ensure people can return to defaults (known working set), not so helpful in your situation I see.
I'd like to see your landscape customisations sometime as we may adopt them as defaults. Once you are happy with gauge types and layouts if you could capture each screen and email them to us in a zipfile it would be greatly appreciated.

V19 kept the gauges through the night :mrgreen: . Below is a picture of my layout. I used SoC across the top. The dial gauges are Charge Current (labelled as Traction Amps), Total Battery Volts (labelled as Traction Volts), and ICGT Power (Labelled as 12v System).

Some other changes I made:

1. Adjusted Range of Traction Volts to 275-360 volts to line up with full charge and full discharge voltages (though picture shows 370 volts before I changed the range).
2. Adjusted range of 12v System to 10-16 volts to make gauge more readable.

Changes I've made that aren't shown include:

1. Renaming Battery SOC to Ah Remaining
2. Renaming Batt Capacity to Ah When Full
3. Renaming BatMaxIn as Max Regen kW
4. I left the BatMaxOut off of the latest layout (I'll never beat 63.5 kW)
5. Changing the range on Traction Amps to 150, -150 amps instead of 200, -200 amps to make gauge easier to read.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwm4cs1jzxrobg2/IMG_20160404_205601.jpg?dl=0

PV1 said:
Below is a picture of my layout

Thanks for that PV1, I see you are taking great advantage of EvBatMon which allows any PID to be displayed in one of the 4 formats we support (value, dial, bar and histogram). From your screenshot it looks like your adjustments of the min/max extent for the dials are causing the min/max value markers to not display correctly? We will look into that for the next version.

By understanding how users like yourself are customising the screen we can make EvBatMon even better, so please keep the suggestions and bug reports coming.

EvBatMon and CaniOn side by side, after one 100% charge. The two apps show the same numbers. If we trust in CaniOn, we can also trust in EvBatMon.

One of the most interesting values in Canion that I use all the time is watt-hours/km and how much the HVAC system is taking.

I would want to display that full time just to guage my driving.

Don......

I can confirm that EvBatMon does not work with STN1170. Ordered and just received the LX directly from ScanTool. Using a Hisense Sero 7 Pro running Android 4.2.1 and dedicated to the i-MiEVs. When attempting to pair between the tablet and LX and then running EvBatMon, somewhere along the line I triggered our dashboard exclamation point, which went away when I shut down the car and restarted it. :oops: :cry:

Malm, thank you for confirming synchronicity (ooh, love that word, even though it's not really applicable in this case) between CaniOn and EvBatMon.

Edit: added brand of Android tablet

I agree with the nomenclature changes PV1 had made, as I'm still baffled by some of those titles. zzcoopej, is there a listing somewhere of what you're calling what?

Examples: how can power be measured in volts? Why is percentage not simply shown by a percent sign?

Back