Lithim

Parking light bulb replacement

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:08 pm

My 2012 ES vehicle is getting expensive to maintain. Not only did I have to replace the driver side windshield wiper last week but now a bulb has burned out.
Seriously, has any one had experience changing the parking light bulb. The manual seems a bit confusing to me.
Driver's side.
Thanks
2012, model ES
Silver with QC
Leased, now owned.

siai47

Re: Parking light bulb replacement

Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:49 am

If you are talking about the little bulb in the headlight assembly I would just forget it until you need to change something important like a headlight bulb. You need to remove the front bumper cover and remove the headlight assembly to get to the bulb. It's a lot of work--removing the wheel well liners, taking off the lower splash pan, bumper cover and then fiddling with the cover to front fender attachments. The final insult is the little screw under the black plastic cowl were the windshield wipers are located. It's a really poor design and a real pain in the butt if you loose a headlight bulb and need to change it in a hurry. If you have a lot of time (and are patient) it's good practice if you need to change an important lamp in the future. BTW--you can put an LED bulb in its place and not worry about future replacement. The nanny computer doesn't recognize this bulb and send any fault codes.

PV1
Site Moderator

Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Bet you're wishing you didn't buy it now, huh? :lol: :roll:

Haven't had to change any lights except my front two dome lights. The original bulbs still work, but I changed them out for LED. The only problem (actually turned out to be the same problem with the incandescents) is that the metal clips don't make a clean connection to the bulbs and cause them to flicker or not light. I may have to solder them in :roll: .
:idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!:

Dropbox maintenance in progress. If any of my links aren't working after November 17, please PM me and let me know which one isn't working.

Thanks.

PV1
Site Moderator

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:47 am

The other thing to watch for is that the lights may come unplugged instead of burning out. This happened to be the case with the driver's side rear marker light on Bear. I noticed that it wouldn't light up, so when looking behind the inner fender to see how it came out, I noticed there wasn't a wire going to it. The harness was unplugged and laying in the bottom of the bumper and inner fender. That makes two loose connectors I've found (the other was the MiEV Remote antenna, which wasn't plugged in properly from the factory).
:idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!:

Dropbox maintenance in progress. If any of my links aren't working after November 17, please PM me and let me know which one isn't working.

Thanks.

Lic

Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:58 pm

How to remove rear parking light?

Lithim

Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:03 am

Both my parking light bulbs have stopped functioning. Does anyone know where the fuse is located for these bulbs?
I've searched the manual and the fuse holders but was unsuccessful.
Stay charged my friend.
2012, model ES
Silver with QC
Leased, now owned.

Return to “General Technical Discussions”