3 persons got injured in car accident with iMiev in Estonia

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch, but thanks. First I've seen of a hard front hit. Here's hoping the driver comes out ok. The center pillar and rear door look to have been intact before they were cut out, but the driver's legroom is...naught.

Hope everyone's okay.

With heavy wind, is it possible the wind blew the trailer over in front of the i-MiEV and the driver panicked? There is no spilled milk and I would almost bet there would be a puncture in the tank, so the trailer would be easily blown over by a heavy wind gust.

It is said, that the iMiev swerved into the oncoming lane, the truck driver did everything he possibly could to avoid collision, but was obviously not completely successful - iMiev collided with the rear axle of the trailer. Fortunately the truck driver still managed to avoid frontal collision.
On the first picture, there is a small amount of spilled milk under the trailer.

jray3 said:
. . . . but the driver's legroom is...naught.
I think about that every time I get in the car - We don't need no front end collisions! :shock:

Don

Can we get a report on the iMiev occupant(s)? Perhaps a PM to the poster of the topic? Since I just went through a rear fender bender in our iMiev, I'm quite interested in what happened.

Sorry, but I have no updated information about the fate of the victims of this accident. I suppose, that they are alive and healing normally, as usually our media publishes information in case of death or if the status is critical for longer period. But in general persons medical records are considered as delicate information and are not allowed to publish without persons approval.

Did some more research and got following information:
Driver, 34 years old male, got serious injuries and was hospitalised into major hospital in Tallinn. According to an anonymous comment, driver's situation was very serious even 10 days after the accident.
Passengers, 54 years old female and 53 years old male, got only light traumas and were transported into local trauma center for health check and cure.

I am quite sure the Estonian fellow will report anything even remotely disparaging about any imiev.

I report both positive and negative news about iMievs. I thought that this forum here is not some cult of e-vehicles, where only hype and positive news are welcome. I like if information is balanced, and if I feel, that it becomes biased, then I try to correct it. Estonia has one of the highest concentration of iMievs, so here both positive and negative aspects rise quite often.
E-cars are not zero emission vehicles and pretty sure that not the most environmentally sounded, as some try to show.

If the video does not start automatically, try another browser.
I can't quarantee, that this video is available for all regions.

I believe that this type of subject matter is of little use to this forum &
not to the benefit of the members here.

Do we really need this?

This is headline sensationalism of a spectacular accident that could of involved any make of vehicle colliding with a truck.

I'm sure there are web sites showing of all kinds of spectacular Auto accidents.
My question is do we we want to support this kind of negative exposure.

Do you think other auto myxxxxforums include this type of exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back