i-MiEV's a part of National Drive Electric?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RobbW said:
I just registered to take my Meepster to the September 20 NDEW event in Naperville, IL. I even registered to offer test drives in my iMiEV. Looking forward to being part of the process of advocating EVs.

Edit:
Never mind I found what I was looking for. I should be able to attend and offer rides too. :D

Hey can I join you? I'd love to show off my i-MiEV too and have yet to attend any meet. I'm free Sunday 9/20/15 and wouldn't mind the drive since I'd only be driving from Cicero.

How did you register? How much does it cost? How long is the event?

Also to the OP, an EV highway from my home in Chicago to Detroit would be real cool! I've driving that route for many months in my ICE back in 2010. Back then seeing a even a Chevy Volt was a rare treat. Now, I drive an EV! :)

That would be nice. My daughter lives in Cleveland but getting there is almost impossible.
Very slow . Mostly L2.
It's weird how oddly dispersed the charging infrastructure is.
My route 66 trip next year will take almost a month each way!
Didn't realize NDEW had an event in Naperville Sunday...from here in Rockford that's a cinch!

I will be in the San Antonio NDE event tomorrow. We meet downtown and the parade by the Alamo to San Antonio College for the event. Should be a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing over EV's and talking to the owners.

Could be the only Miev south of Austin.

The more we drive the Miev, the more we like it. We tend to compare it to other cars(ICE). The older ICE's seem crude now.

Like driving by Buckey's, a huge gas station (Texas chain), and waive at the folks spending all their money for gas. I think our Buckey's has well over 100 pumps. They have 3 full time fuel tankers in the lot, 24-7.

Have a good weekend.

Had our 43rd annual EV Rally event today, now part of NDEW. Displayed Mitsi and the Sparrow. Two other i-MiEV's were there, spectating. Large, well-attended EVent. One of the coolest vehicles there was an electric Cobra. Seriously set up for autocross and road-racing, but he uses an 11" dc motor with a Zilla controller. Sorry, neglected to take more photos. First photo was just after I got there early in the morning and just starting to set up. Note the rotating solar panels covering the huge parking lot.

MitsiZabkaEVRally2015.jpg

MitsiCobra.jpg

Wow way cool!
In an hour and a half we are off to the NDEW event at Naperville IL. 72 miles each way from here in Rockford. 77 miles RR overnight here, will travel the 5 miles to Steiner in LP, top up, and then on to St Charles to top up and then the event . Two QCs on the way, but one is iffy.
10 L2s on the route....should be a cinch.
I am envious of the decals on your Imiev...none on ours....

The event in San Antonio was fun and interesting. I was surprised that the greatest number of EV's were Tesla's to include 3 Tesla Roadsters. There was 3, 2012 i-Mievs. I think only 1 Leaf. I guess second in number was Chevy Volts. The city had a Protera electric bus. There was even a RAV4 EV, like the one on Ed Begley's tv show.

The local BMW dealership had 2, i-3's. One was available for demo rides. I did not check to see if they had the range extender.

It was neat driving around and in front of the Alamo on the way to the event location behind San Antonio College. There were several photo op locations on the way. The sponsers indicated there would be a drone videoing the parade. I have not seen any drone footage yet.

The local NBC tv station ran about 15 seconds on the 10 pm news, needed to be longer.

One thing interesting is that a city councilman spoke, Ron Nirenberg. Very nice individual. Pro EV, hybrids, etc. He indicated that a company(Tesla) had gotten the approvals for a showroom. He indicated it was finalizing the real estate side.

San Antonio EV organization was the primary sponsor. There was a solar powered food truck and bandstand. There were a Triumph ev and several solar powered electric vehicles built by a high school and I think a college(not sure on the last one).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/808107945908717/ The San Antonio EV Org Facebook page.

Looking forward to next year's. Need to get the word out more for a larger 2016 event.

Just got back from my second EV gathering (not officially part of NDEW, but was organized by the EVA). The vehicles in attendance include:

3 Tesla Model S
3 Chevy Volts
2 Nissan LEAFs
1 Cadillac ELR
1 Mitsubishi i-MiEV (mine)
1 2003 RAV4-EV
1 Toyota Prius with Hymotion plug-in conversion (Ben Nelson's family car. I had a great time chatting cars and electric motorcycles with him)

Non plug-ins
1 Toyota Prius
1 Ford C-Max hybrid (my parent's car)

Sorry, forgot to take a lot of pictures. I did do a side-by side between the i-MiEV and RAV4-EV to see how similar they were sized (closer than you'd think).

So...the Naperville was a great success. 173 miles round trip from Rockford, no problem.
A great time was apparently had by all...Met DavidRicardo and was amazed that he had exactly the same iMiev that we do...even the same colour. Took a test drive in a Leaf, was unimpressed except that it has the charging station app right in its Nav system.
Really liked the Corbin sparrow too. If I counted correctly there were 4 total i-Mievs there!
Did a quick charge at Gerald Nissan, no problem! Both ways charged a bit at DelNar hospital in Geneva too...was very impressed. Counting the only paid charge, at home, we spent $2.16 in fuel for this 173 mile trip. Awesome event, met a lot of nice people.

Back