Single LEV50-cell wanted for our Citroen C-Zero

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mitsubishi battery warranty is 8 years/100,000 miles in the U.S. at least. For the i-MiEVs that were purchased in 2012, that warranty expires in the year 2020, unless you hit 100,000 miles first. A few of us (myself included) have had paperwork from service work at the dealer state that the warranty has been extended to 10 years/100,000, pushing our cars to 2022 or later. However, I haven't seen that replicated by any other source, including the owner's portal on mitsubishicars.com.

DonDakin said:
On your post for a mod to the cooling plumbing in the car I'm not sure what you modified. I read the text a few times. What did you change ?

Just to get a idea how long was the entire process ?
Hello Don,

no change, only checked/corrected the mounting of the rubber thing.

4 hours + 1/2 hour delay to find the additional mounting points of the pack. Have a look to Benjamin Nelsons Video https://youtu.be/EmgRuhqba0I?t=1m3s. He is talking about this plates.

Martin

DonDakin said:
I dont have a reference but a few posts were mentioning it. Perhaps someone else can chime in

Don.....

My technicians told me -- without me asking -- that the warranty was extended to 10 years. Moreover, he is supposed to have formation soon as to replace a single cell.

RobertC said:
kiev said:
Was the cell located where you expected it to be in the pack? The diagram from Malm looks like a different placement for cell 23. Does cell #1 start at the bottom (-) or top (+) of the pack?
The cell replaced in Malm's drawing is here:
GBxDMmv.png

Perhaps the front and back groups of LEV50-8's are reversed?
NbwS9Zx.png

kiev said:
For some reason i thought the cells were standing upright, but i see that the modules are laid over on their side and the monitoring boards are located between the top of one module and the bottom of the next.
The battery pack is composed of ten LEV50-8 battery modules with eight 3.7V LEV50 batteries and six temperature sensors each, and two LEV50-4 battery modules with four 3.7V LEV50 batteries and three temperature sensors each, for a total of 88 LEV50 batteries and 66 temperature sensors.
The two LEV50-4 battery modules sit in the battery pack so as to have their battery management circuitry and temperature sensors mounted on top of the batteries, while the ten LEV50-8 battery modules sit in the battery pack so as to have their battery management circuitry and temperature sensors mounted on the side of the batteries.

So, I will have to think about this again.

Malm said:
So, I will have to think about this again.
Hello!

Please not! If you know it, please tell it. If not, it's only a sneaking suspicion from you.

Martin

Hello!

Some ScreenShots at various SoCs:

pict_2015-09-03_11-23-33.png

pict_2015-09-03_11-31-39.png

pict_2015-09-03_19-43-29.png

pict_2015-09-03_19-49-30.png

pict_2015-09-03_19-56-49.png

Idle:

pict_2015-09-03_20-05-04.png

... vs. heavy load:

pict_2015-09-03_20-07-39.png

pict_2015-09-03_20-30-24.png

Looks good!

Martin :)

me68 said:
Looks good!
I agree (and certainly a lot better than what you had)! Thank you for the CaniOn screenshots. Cell #23 is holding its own and is already performing nicely as it is only 'different' in a few instances. So, is it fair to say that our expectations are that a few more 'full' (balancing) charges should result in cell #23 being brought up to match all the others? Martin, do you know the history of your 'new' LEV50?

That video of replacing the single cell should become a sticky or stay on the homepage!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcL4UvGvWkA

Hello!

On testing caniOn release 135 i made a trip today with 5sec intervall screenshots for panel "Batt Status" running. I used then Picasa 3 to build a short fast motion video. Before i have done a 50kW/80% DC-fastcharging session.

Cell 23 is acting unremarkable:

Youtube-Video: https://youtu.be/n7XIUhUJB28

Martin

me68 said:
In the second video (charging), it seems to me that Cell 23 lags a little behind the others until it gets >50%SoC. Nevertheless, I agree, unremarkable (which is GOOD).
Future indiviual cell replacement by us amateurs shows a lot of promise, especially thanks to CaniOn. :)

Hi guys, real buy banks LEV50?
or only used?
I want buy Imiev 2011yers (16000Km)
Is it worth it?

Hi guys.

I am looking for LEV-50 cell for my Peugeot iON. Somebody can help me? I searched everywhere on the Internet and I couldn't find.

Thank you.

Back