Engine warning light after crash

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I needed to get a replacement controller, buying from Mitsubishi was out of the question due to cost. Check on the internet for companies that repair airbag controllers. Several can repair or exchange them at a reasonable cost and code them to your VIN if necessary. Due to the fact that there are very few I-MiEV's /ION's in the world it is likely that yours will need to be sent in for repair as an exchange unit won't be available. If the "G" switch in the controller was activated, then the controller needs repair. Connecting a good controller to a vehicle with a already deployed air bag or seat belt tensioner will not damage it. However, after the controller senses a bad airbag component, the fault will have to be cleared with M.U.T. III. I did this myself by mistake by leaving a connector off after removing and re-installing a seat. It required a trip to the dealer for a reset of the controller, but that was all.

Thank you so much

I was afraid I could damage it by connecting it without changing the airbags.
But as soon as I connect the controller to the car, with the airbags deployed it will read the errors and inform the main ECU of this, right?
All will be registered in the Main ECU for future records...:( , the dealer will know one day that the airbags deployed right? As the car is still under warranty , it is 1 year old.

As for erasing the errors, with that I will have no problem, as I got the Software and the plugs now for erasing the errors. I was just wondering wetter I could install the new Airbag controller to see if the car would run normally ( as the G sensor would be fine with this new controller).

I was expecting to drive the car to a body shop of a friend of mine without having to pay 150,00 for the transport.

Hello People !! ;)

Car back on running!!
Next week I will post all my experience on bringing it back to life ;)

Now I am with some kind of a trouble :)

I have this on the instrument Panel:

On instant Speed and Distance to battery end : Reads in Km/h
Total mileage / Next maintenance : Reads in MILES

Can someone help me on this ?

Thanks

Back