Our iMiEV Nicknames and What Has the iMiEV Been Called

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually refer to it as the Jellybean.
But lately I have been says CaHr ( that is how you pronounce Car in Boston (baHston) ) Since I have not been able to say Car for the past 10+ years as I have owned Trucks.

The F350 Diesel is the PIG, but it is a She, so it's a Pretty Pig ;)

The Yukon XL is the Burpin -- as it is the GMC model of the Suburban.

None of my other vehicles have had names, nor my Motorcycles

kiev said:
i like 'Joule' , it is quite clever

MiEV = my EV
or
MiEV = meev rhymes with the beave ?
I agree, Joule is very clever! :D

For those wondering, in the United States, i-MiEV rhymes with -

biev, cheve, chieve, cleave, cleve, eave, eve, gleave, greave, greeve, greve, grieve, heave, keeve, kieve, kleve, leve, lieve, meave, naeve, neave, neve, nieve, peeve, prieve, reave, reeve, scheve, sheave, shreeve, shreve, shrieve, sleave, sleeve, steeve, steve, stieve, theave, thieve, threave, vive, weave, we've, yves

Edit: By jove, I think I've got it - eye meave :D

In Eastern Europe, it's easier:

i = ee, as in meet
m = m, as in mary
ie = ye, like in yet
v = v, as in victory

We just call our identical i-MiEVs Mitsi (pink antenna) and Mitti (blue antenna)

wmcbrine said:
If you haven't tried it, do a Google image search for "electric jellybean car". Yeah.
The blue 3 wheeler that comes up is the original Corbin Sparrow 'Jellybean' - Joe owns 3 of them, though I think all 3 of his are the later 'Pizza Butt' models ;-)

Don

I'm considering calling my i-MiEV "cloudgate" like the cloudgate artwork located here in Chicago's downtown Grant Park. I swear it looks just like the emblem without the "i" in it. What do you think?

mitsubishiimiev---17opt.jpg

cloudgate800.jpg

JoeS said:
Wow, that "cloudgate" shape sure matches the i-MiEV logo!

Our latest addition to our i-MiEV fleet is Moto, joining Mitsi and Mitti.
Ditto

Joe.. you need to list in your signature which car is which and who drives which one ;) just so I can keep track

davidricardo86 said:
I'm considering calling my i-MiEV "cloudgate" like the cloudgate artwork located here in Chicago's downtown Grant Park. I swear it looks just like the emblem without the "i" in it. What do you think?

I agree, and if you can manage to park your car under the cloudgate and post a photo, I'll donate $20 to your charity of choice! ;)

JoeS said:
Our latest addition to our i-MiEV fleet is Moto, joining Mitsi and Mitti.

Joe, I've been searching the forum as of late to see if I can find out more details about your 3rd I-miev. I knew you had recently got a second, But I'm curious to hear the why's and situations that led you to acquire a 3rd one.

In my circle of friends, they all think I'm crazy for having a Chevy Volt Plug-in and an all electric i-miev. Although the Volt looks fairly normal they particularly focus on the weird little electric since it looks so much different than anything they drive.

Imagine the scorn that I will endure when they learn that I've just made a deal to buy my second i-miev. A Volt and two i-miev's! I must be crazy! They may ask me to submit to counseling fearing that I've been struck with an Electric car addiction. I may have to go to EV'ers anonymous!

The paperwork's not complete and the car hasn't arrived yet! I'll post pictures and story later when it gets here.

Joe, I'm looking to you as a pioneer, a leader, a mentor! Tell me I'm not crazy?

iwatson said:
...Joe, I'm looking to you as a pioneer, a leader, a mentor! Tell me I'm not crazy?
You're crazy :!: Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol: Long ago, my good friends categorized me as hopeless, so you're not in good company. :shock:

Congratulations on your upcoming purchase! I've come around to appreciating the Volt as a multi-purpose vehicle which nicely fits the needs of many families (and not just the single-car owner), and the i-MiEV is such a great complement to it.

My official version is that I purchased a spare battery, but that it came inside a pristine car. Here's the link with photo (I have since added the "100% Electric" decals both front and back and need to arrange them into another photo-op):

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2663

We have many house-guests cycling through us and I have them drive the i-MiEV to demonstrate the utility of EVs - recently some good friends bought a 2016 i-MiEV after they became enamored with it. Later this summer I intend to loan the i-MiEV for a few weeks at a time to various family members for the same reason. Besides, as further rationalization, the Gen1 Honda Insight that I bought as a 'spare' in 2006 is now doing service as our long-distance car after our first Insight was totalled when hit by a drunk driver a year ago.

Whoops, drifted off-topic again. Moto (black antenna) and Mitti (blue antenna) are 'he', whereas Mitsi (pink antenna) is a 'she' - Mitsi has always been my wife's car.

Grey + egg shaped + simple + Clean/green + efficient/effective + seriously prayed about = St. Greggory, aka, Gregg.

Best purchase I've made in my life.

Every mile driven in Gregg is a miracle and absolute joy.

In a separate post, PV1 wrote the following:

"... The vehicle itself is an engineering marvel, and is possibly the most pragmatic vehicle on the road in the US..."

This is the first time I've seen pragmatic used as a descriptor of our i-MiEV, and I like it! :D

Thank you.

I was thinking more about the unlisted features of the i-MiEV when replying to a thread at TMC about the Model 3's door handles and ice concerns when that word crossed my mind. I have yet to have the doors on either i-MiEV freeze shut. The design of the door seal works great to flex formed ice and break it free. This has been a huge hassle saver, especially considering the Cavalier I had before would freeze shut with even a simple frost. One day, it took me over an hour to get the door thawed enough to get it open, but that was because of a random ice storm with 1/4" of ice encasing the car. I even had a piece of ice with a perfect impression of the tire sidewall :mrgreen: .

When it comes to ice problems with the i-MiEV, the cabin doors and handles aren't among them. Now, the inner charge port door, the wipers, and the windows are a different story, but not any worse than any other car.

My Dad calls Koorz the Buzzbox.

Ed, I like that name, Pinball. Reminds me of The Who song.

Back