New Guinness Record For Largest EV Parade

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that hard - With the few I Miev's that were there (even fewer Silver ones).
In the end he was shooting all the EVs as they went by.
It enjoyed the parade
Hopefully it will be warmer the next time around.

Just a heads up if your thinking about attending ...

It's happening 1 week from now!

They have several records they are trying for ..........
Some new , some official (Guinness) , some Not official

Categories are for the most

Teslas
in a parade
Leafs in a parade
Volts in a parade
100% Electric Vehicles in a Parade

If you want to participate here is the link to register.
http://www.branchezvous.org/#!world-record/c1ozo

Today is the day!

Hope to see some from our group here, if they can make it out for the event.

This afternoon 3 - 4 pm
at Île Sainte Hélène parking P8

Quite a turnout for the event!

The weather held out -
we even had a spot or 2 of sunshine.

No official count yet but.....
Joe - I think you guys better get busy if your planning another EV parade this year.

http://s211.photobucket.com/user/Sandange/slideshow/miev/Guinness record attempt Montreal

I met up with Don Dakin at the only L3 charger on the Island of Montreal and had a a good chat waiting for a couple of leafs to charge that were also on their way to the Parade.
Once we arrived we manged to connect with my brother Nick and Debbie (my sister in law) who were driving their plug in C Max.
We toured the parked EV's and looked at all the different models that were attending

A lot of Teslas , Leafs, Smart EDs, I Mievs, i3s, 1 i8, Volts, Sparks couple of Cadelacs,
Did not see any Fiat EVs
I was especially interested to see the New Mercedes EV That drove up From NY State to participate.
I saw my first Bluecar EV that was there from Europe - A car used in a car rental system that are parked through out the city at set locations and use a swipe card billing system.

We also met a member from the AVEQ Group who had just added a diesel heater to his i Miev
after viewing our postings on the AVEQ forum on the subject.

An exciting afternoon spent with all those EV enthusiast was a very pleasant way to spend a few hours.

The Quietest automobile Parade proceeded through the grounds and all the registrations papers were picked up as we exited the site

Looking forward to next years event.

sandange, thank you for posting the photos and glad you had good weather for this event! Looks like y'all had fun, and I'm surprised there wasn't a longer queue for the DCQC. I like the concept of having flags attached to the windows. When I mentioned your record attempt at yesterday's Silicon Valley EAA (Electric Auto Association) meeting, it was pointed out that your event allowed hybrids whereas ours was restricted to BEVs only, so no contest. :p

The question on the table is whether a diesel heater would disqualify such a car from an all-BEV record attempt? :mrgreen:

Here's the unofficial count

Preliminary figures are:

85 Tesla
148 leaf
68 other EVs (i-miev, i3, focus,...)
A total of 301 electric cars

Then
132 volts
29 rechargeable hybrid

461 rechargeable vehicles in total

We came up short but had a great time doing it.

@ Joe
Didn't know you guys had a different record category class.
Are you guys organizing another EV Parade this year?

JoeS said:
The question on the table is whether a diesel heater would disqualify such a car from an all-BEV record attempt? :mrgreen:

I don't know what the officials have as a category ruling but.
I've given this some though and would consider these points.

The Diesel Heater does not interact in the propulsion of the vehicle - to drive the wheels or charge the battery.
It's not Original equipment.
It's is an aftermarket add on, like a trailer hitch etc.

I may be wrong here but I believe that the record is for the most EV's on parade.
Or it may be for the largest parade of Vehicles using electricity for propulsion on a parade.
- in which case the plug in hybrids and volts would qualify.

Now if the category was the
Largest parade of emissions free vehicles.

It's all in the interpretation or rulings
There may be several categories.
I think they are still sorting the categories out.

Here's the link to Guinness for our EVent last September:

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-parade-of-electric-vehicles

507 BEVs. PHEVs were excluded but electric motorcycles were included. I had my i-MiEV and two Sparrows in the EVent.

Sandange, a liquid-or-gas-fueled heater makes so much sense in your climate that I wouldn't worry about it - sorry to have even brought it up.

Yes, we may well go for another record attempt...

We've now been officially beaten - new record is 577 cars. The video from the 2015 world record, in Germany:
https://youtu.be/AJ-pesSMMlA

In addition to the i-MiEV, the video shows lots and lots of i-MiEV cousins: Citroen C-Zero and Peugeot iOn. Looks to me as though they 'stacked the deck' with corporate fleet C-Zeros. Still, nice to see our cousins... I personally wouldn't mind owning one of those narrower and shorter ones, as I could then rest my arm on the open window sill. :)

EDIT (the following added):

After consulting with sandange, I've merged the Montreal parade thread with this one.

Were any of our European i-MiEV/iOn/C-Zero forum members involved in this German parade? Looks like a great venue.

Rumblings already in Silicon Valley that we won't sit still...

Just a note , Quebec has a population of approx 8 million. We have approx 5000 EVs .
Our record attempt of 461 EVs was pretty good on a per capita basis

Back