Anyone's family member hate the i-miev?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

Just curious if I was the only one.
My "teenage" daughter took one look at it last month and said
"I am NOT getting in that thing !"
And proceeded to go back to sit in the big pick-up truck.

I laughed, she is a girly girl and not a Tom-boy like me, but she LOVES the Big Diesel Pick-up. I made her go into Harbor Freight with me one day and she said she loved that smell ... you know, like a working car garage, oil etc. { mouth open and shocked}.
There is still hope for her yet....

I told her she could just take the bus to school from now on. We will see how fast that gets old.
Also told her that this is the car she will be driving if/when she gets a License hahaha.

So just curious if anyone else had someone that hated it before they even got IN the car.

Is there HOPE for her to come around and like the 'i' ?

Kid's are funny and their impressions of what's important are learned at an early age from TV shows, advertising, parents and peer pressure. They grow up to be adults with the same sets of values. My Godson feels the same way about the I-MiEV as the girl the OP is describing. He is embarrassed to be seen in an electric car especially being dropped off or picked up at school (his mother drives a I-MiEV). However, when I pick him up from school in my Tesla, his whole impression of an electric car changes. Now he wants to be seen in and talks to all his friends about how cool an electric car is. Hopefully over time he will outgrow his biases and understand why there are choices in what you aquire during your lifetime and that your decisions should be done to satisfy you and not to impress others. I guess I own cars on both ends of the more mainstream electric car spectrum and use them as needed. If anything I am a little more embarrassed when driving the Tesla as I feel a bit guilty about being able to spend that kind of money on a car. But I guess if I was still 12 years old I might have a different view on the matter.

I've had a couple of reluctant passengers, but their eyes were opened by the spacious interior and smooth acceleration.
Elementary kids tend to love the i, but at some point the teens decide it is uncool. :eek:

I am so happy I've gotten to the point in life where I don't give a damn what anybody thinks about what I do or say. It has given me total freedom, and I really love that.
Sad that there are still millions of young people taking up smoking or dangerous drugs because they worry too much about not being "cool".

genec said:
I am so happy I've gotten to the point in life where I don't give a damn what anybody thinks about what I do or say. It has given me total freedom, and I really love that.
Sad that there are still millions of young people taking up smoking or dangerous drugs because they worry too much about not being "cool".

Amen......

That is an easy fix..... I told my little sister when she was about 11 that if I ever caught her smoking (anything) I would break her fingers............. and I meant it ! Weel, she thought I did. She never smoked anything ;)

I too don't care what people say or think. Life is too short, Live and have fun !

DonDakin said:
genec said:

Amen......

Our biggest family hate is the lack of heat in the winter, and how badly heat usage affects range.

its definitely not a cool looking car, but boy, do I love the relative interior roominess and the ease of parking in a big city.

Out of roughly 50 people who have said they thought the car was cute, 1 person, said at first glance it was bug ugly... my former 'interest'. Being cute to her means not being taken seriously. She was also sure the car would be a death trap on city streets. After our entire network of friends all called the car (without my prompting) cute and they liked it, she was less vocal. After she drove it, she had a better appreciation of the vehicle...but still feels its important to have a 'formidable' car.

Well, the day I got the car I had DD (darling daughter) take the morning bus -- she doesn't like the morning ride and "tolerates" that afternoon bus.

Tuesday was my 1st morning driving.
"Are you taking the bus or riding in the Jelly-Bean?"

Eyes roll, big sigh, "...ride with you"

I cracked silly jokes about the car the whole way. Explained why I was "shifting" , not that she cared but I knew she would ask soon enough.
She is NOT a morning person - I AM ! So I sometimes just do stupid things that I KNOW annoy her.... because eventually she will be a full blown Teenager and will put me through hell :) I will get her now and then it won't bother me later.

I had to go get her at a friends house after work Tuesday. Showed off my Jelly-Bean to the Mother - DD was not impressed and wanted me to stop talking about it and just GO.

Guess who got driven to school this morning..

I guess it isn't KILLING her so she will ride in it. and frown about it.

I did make her smile this morning as I unplugged from the house "My own 'Gas' Station" She said that the J-plug looked cool like a laser gun or something :)
She never smiles in the morning.

Then she asked if she could have my F-350 Diesel when she gets to drive ............... never............ well, by then, maybe

Back