Second imiev in da house...

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonDakin

Well the easter bunny was good to us this year he brought us a big egg. A 2012 SE. White and blue. With very low milage. We don't have a name for it yet but for now its zippy 2.

Don....

Congratulations Don
Looks very clean. Nice looking wrap!
:D
I guess know the only problem you will have in the morning is choosing which color you want to drive.

Congrats Don- so how many dual-i households does that make on this list? (not counting Admin Don, who only convinced his brother to get one)

jray3 said:
....so how many dual-i households does that make on this list?

Just for the record, both me and my daughter own an I-Miev. While not in the same household, we do live on the same block.

Dave

Up north in Athem. Just had solar panels put up so I am now charging for free (if you call spending a lot of money on solar panels free) :) I really like that there are some DC quick chargers around, although it seems like they cost more than gas would which kind of defeats the purpose....

klindholm said:
Up north in Athem. Just had solar panels put up so I am now charging for free (if you call spending a lot of money on solar panels free) :)
Awesome.

klindholm said:
I really like that there are some DC quick chargers around, although it seems like they cost more than gas would which kind of defeats the purpose....
As Elon Musk puts it, do you want fast or free? :roll: Honestly, though, I don't understand some of the ridiculous rates put on some quick chargers, and even a few L2 charging stations (two in my area at 50 cents/kWh :shock: ). I know the owner/operator wants a fast ROI, but you're not going to get it by scaring off the bulk of EVs with a high rate.

jray3 said:
Congrats Don- so how many dual-i households does that make on this list? (not counting Admin Don, who only convinced his brother to get one)
Well, as of this morning, you can count me *IN* too

We brought my brothers white SE Premium with 3,900 miles home from Indy a couple weeks back and the wife looks it over and tells me we should have bought it - She tells my brother if he EVER wants to sell it, we'll buy it

I start looking for another cheap, low miles SE Premium and yesterday I find a silver one in Atlanta (350 miles away) with only 1,204 miles on it for $8985. I put a deposit on it and tell my brother to get ready for another road trip . . . . and he's all upset - "I thought you guys were going to buy mine" he says. We had no idea he wanted to sell it so soon after buying it . . . . he hasn't even titled, licensed or driven it yet, but sure enough, he's decided he owns 2 or 3 too many cars, so we cancel the Atlanta trip and we now have a second white SE - This one with all the bells and whistles!

So, I guess we make what . . . . 6 dual owners now?

Don

Don, congratulations! Nice choice of colors...

We took our houseful of friends back to the airport in two cars, driving in tandem. Can't tell any difference in energy available or used, even though one car has a brand-new battery and the other has over 37K miles. Here, we stopped at a brand new charging station setup in Burlingame for lunch, with the nicely-upgraded town center just across the street. The blue is identical on both cars, but just the angle of the reflection makes the color look different in the photo. The decals are identical on both cars, and the only external difference is that one car has a blue antenna and the other pink. :roll:

KathyTwoBEVsBurlingame.jpg

JoeS, I saw one just like your twins there on my way to work yesterday. I even honked at the driver but she didn't see me because of a car blocking each others view. I always enjoy meeting other real life owners.

That's pretty cool! I'd love to be able to buy my parents an i-MiEV to match mine! Lol

Congrats!

Back