My poor Meepster was injured on the way to work this morning

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like quite the headache. The few salvage cars that have been out there, have damage in the same area, except for one or two that I've seen (and Siai47 has one of them).

PV1 said:
Sounds like quite the headache. The few salvage cars that have been out there, have damage in the same area, except for one or two that I've seen (and Siai47 has one of them).

I'm hoping Siai47 gets in touch with me soon. He may be the saving grace that gets me back on the road sooner than later. I hope it works out.

I think they do, Art. But I'm not sure that they are required to produce all those spare parts all at once. As long as they can produce them when they are needed, maybe that's all they're legally required to do. Who knows.

quote="alohart"]This is very disturbing! Doesn't a vehicle manufacturer have a legal obligation to supply repair parts for the vehicles that they manufacture?[/quote]

This concerns me as well. I waited 10 weeks the last time my car was in the shop and now have waited almost 5 weeks and still do not have the part needed for repair.

I do not think Mitsubishi is even looking at the balance sheet for the IMeiv because they are loosing a lot of credibility with their customers with stories like this.

If you sell a product, you need to support it.

Dave

Robb, thank you for taking the time and trouble of writing up your horror story. Having just gone through a similar experience (my Insight was totalled by a drunk driver who had a suspended license and no insurance) with my first accident in over 40 years, dealing with insurance companies has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Surprisingly to me, regular insurance companies do not have an 'agreed-to-value' policy for cars (I tried to do this with my second Insight after the accident), like they do for homes. Only companies specializing in rarely-driven custom or classic showcars do this, at quite reasonable rates. Unfortunately, my Insight does not qualify for any of them, nor would the i-MiEV.

Does anyone know siai47 personally and would be willing/able to contact him directly for me? Just ask him to check his myimiev.com PMs. Thanks.

Don't know siai47 personally, but if he doesn't respond quickly enough, give Ben Nelson a ring. I don't know what his plans are for the i-MiEV he has (talking to him a few weeks ago, neither does he :lol: ), but he has that flood car in Raspberry that you might be able to get parts already in the correct color.

http://myimiev.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1318

Looks like siai47 was on earlier this morning around 7:30 AM EDT.

With an over-abundance of thanks and gratitude to siai47, replacement parts are en route to my repair shop. They should arrive sometime tomorrow. The shop says that once the parts arrive, based on the estimated labor hours, it will take about 19 days to finish the repairs and get my Meepster back on the road. I can't wait to get back behind her wheel. I'm sick and tired of pumping gas into my minivan!!!

RobbW said:
With an over-abundance of thanks and gratitude to siai47, replacement parts are en route to my repair shop. They should arrive sometime tomorrow. The shop says that once the parts arrive, based on the estimated labor hours, it will take about 19 days to finish the repairs and get my Meepster back on the road. I can't wait to get back behind her wheel. I'm sick and tired of pumping gas into my minivan!!!
Happy to hear that siai47 was able to help you out and hopefully the shop will get your Meepster back to you soon. Yes, going to a gasoline station ranks as one of the more unpleasant experiences in one's daily life - how easily we get out of this ugly habit and now no longer want to play that game...

Just a quick update to announce that The Meepster is back!!!! Picked her up last Thursday after work. The shop did an excellent job restoring her. You can't even tell anything happened to her at all. Thanks again to siai47 for the help with the parts. My whole family is thrilled to be back in the lil' gal!

Yeah, I was happy I could help out RobbW with parts. The body shop that did the work was a real class act when they dealt with me for the parts. To get the parts quickly and to make sure they didn't get damaged, they sent their own truck to my shop to pick them up. They took them to Jacksonville and shipped them up to Illinois from there. Really nice people. Sounds like their workmanship was good too.

Back