Re: my Miev will not charge

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a home charger "Schneider" and got the credit back in 2012.

The turbo cord is nice and compact and Mobile- stays in the car with me along with a heavy gauge 50' extension cord and assortment of plug end adapters for various outlets
The Turbo cord stays pretty cool while charging & has a fairly good guarantee I Think it's 3 years . Its all on their site.
If you want to see mine - send me an email ([email protected]) and we ca arrange it.
Sandy

mixmike6 said:
So how do companies justify their prices? There's a major price difference for example on a Siemens EVSE vs a Schneider.
The bulk of the price comes from certifications and the j1772 connector. I don't understand the high cost of the connector, either. It's quite basic, especially compared to a CHAdeMO connector.

When I built my EVSE, the J-1772 connector alone was $135. If you ordered the specialty cord made just for EVSE's, it was something like $10 per foot - I used something else, but I had to pony up for the connector

Safe to say that EVSE prices are so high because so few are sold - They can sell you a 32 inch flat panel TV these days for only $200 or so, but they manufacture them by the millions, which brings the prices down. If EVSE's were selling anywhere near those numbers, they would probably cost $50 to $75 each

Don

Back