Battery Failure?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe,

That's a very interesting thought. Perhaps replacing a cell or 2 on a 2 year old pack is acceptable but the dealers are no where near being able to do that. I guess that Mitsubishi will just replace packs for the next few years if there is a cell or BMS failure in the battery. I would think that it may be left to third parties to rebuild packs and sell them but time will tell.

Dave,

I think I mentioned that I had my charger changed in my car.

http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=684&start=40

The only positive thing I can take away from the experience is that the charger is new. That's about it. I had all the emotions as the saga went on for a month :evil: :twisted: :roll: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x but the one that mattered was the last one: :D and it took forever to get it. Hang in there and life will get better.

Don.....

DonDakin

Life just got better. Gas prices in Canada just went up to $1.40 per litre (approx. $5.82 per gallon) and I got my Imiev back. It took 10 weeks minus two days. But I got a new ECU, on-board charger and battery pack.

My co-workers have been teasing me about how long it has taken, (I live in truck country) as it is a fault having an electric car. Now, all I have to say is, "What the price at the pumps today".

Next steps is to write a long letter to Mitsubishi and enjoy the car.

Dave

Wow...

I'm jealous I only got a new charger in 20 working days....

Should have left it with them longer.....

Seriously, I'm glad for you. You practically have a new car.....

And btw gas is 1.54 a liter here now in montreal.....

Yes, I do love my car more......

Don.......

Back