range after 600 miles

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkarl89203

Well....first impressions.

With heat on 50 miles.

With ac on 60 miles.

With neither.....68 miles.

Not bad! Unbelievable acceleration from stop too.
Weird seeing miles to go increase with the regen.....

rkarl89203, good start, and thanks for your impressions. You'll find that driving speed has the largest impact. Presumably you were adding your RR to the miles you had driven to arrive at these numbers and NOT depleting the battery fully :roll:

The telling number is RR (Range Remaining) after a full recharge - it "tells" just how efficiently you were driving. The current record for this is 109 miles. See Maximum Range Remaining.

Yes, our little i-MiEV does have the usual EV acceleration, even if ours is dampened a bit for the first second or so (otherwise it would make your head snap). I recently had the rare chance to try out its high-speed passing ability on a two-lane road and was not disappointed.

What I really like is seeing the fuel gauge go up on long downhills :mrgreen:

Agreed.
The regen is really neat.....actually left work for lunch the other day went 6 miles round trip and used only 1 mile of energy.....way cool.....

rkarl89203 said:
The regen is really neat.....actually left work for lunch the other day went 6 miles round trip and used only 1 mile of energy.....way cool.....
Unless a good portion of those 6 miles were downhill, you could have been experiencing the remaining miles being recalculated to indicate improved driving efficiency during the last 15 miles compared with the 15 miles you had driven prior to leaving for lunch. I don't know how often the remaining miles are recalculated.

I'm pretty sure RR is constantly being calculated as you drive. I drove more than 15 miles on the highway a couple of times, and as I was driving on the main road, RR was slowly going up the whole time during the last 10 miles on a level road.

rkarl89203 said:
Agreed.
Unless your trip was 5 miles downhill, you probably did use 6 miles of energy as indicated by one less bar on your fuel gauge - The fact that you got there with only 1 mile less showing on your RR gauge is due to the way the computer generates the RR number. As the others pointed out, the RR number computation is very dependent on what you were doing over the past 15 miles

It's entire possible for you to have completed your 6 miles and have a *higher* RR number than when you left home. The most noticeable discrepancy with the RR calculation is the one PV1 pointed out - If you drive 15 miles on the freeway at 65 or 70 and then exit onto a secondary road where you're only doing 30 or 35, your RR number will actually increase while driving the next several miles . . . . but you will notice your fuel gauge is still going down

Don

rkarl89203 said:
So....the range is Less than I thought?
No - Your observation is about average
With heat on 50 miles.

With ac on 60 miles.

With neither.....68 miles.
All those numbers can be extended a bit by driving slower . . . . or decreased a bit if you're doing 60 or more

I've never driven it that much with the heat on, so I can't comment there. We're headed into our third summer now and we typically get 65 to 70 miles running the A/C full time at an average speed of 35 to 40 mph. About 75 to 80 miles without the A/C

Right at 50 miles max on the freeway at 65 to 70

Don

Back