readout on multi faceted LED? RR stuck in kilometers?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acensor

Somehow I accidentally changed the range remaining (RR) to kilometers instead if miles. :oops: Especially disconcerting to my wife who takes the RR perhaps more literally than she should and doesn't,t think I. Kilometers at ALL.

Tried the obvious(?) remedy ..... Press and hold for 4 seconds. No luck.

Also would like to clear or zero the service(wrench icon) output which say I have service comin up at 1 month ... 8000 miles. Press and hold doesn't clear those.

Any ideas?

To change back to miles, I think you scroll to the odometer and hold down. To zero out the service reminder, you have to scroll to one of the service screens and hold down. I've reset my service reminder when I had service done since the dealer forgot to do it, though the 12 volt disconnect was kind enough to wipe out my presets and trip odometers for me. :roll:

These require an abnormally long hold to activate, if I remember right.

To reset your service icon, put your ignition to the FIRST click (not RUN). Your gauges won't be illuminated. Press the button and just the odometer will illuminate. Press the button to get to one of the two service indicator screens (mileage/months). Press and hold the button for 2-3 seconds and it will say "CLEAr". Press and hold the button for 2-3 seconds again to reset the service indicators.

aarond12 said:
To reset your service icon, put your ignition to the FIRST click (not RUN)......... {etc.}.....

Your directions worked.... But although it cleared the reminder for the first 12,000 mile one year checkup, it didn't really clear the display..... just set it to a reminder for one more year and another 12,000 miles. :-(

aarond12 said:
..... although it cleared the reminder for the first 12,000 mile one year checkup, it didn't really clear the display..... just set it to a reminder for one more year and another 12,000 miles. :-(

What did you expect a maintenance reset to do?

Dave

Back