Our iMiEV Nicknames and What Has the iMiEV Been Called

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard it called things from "cute" to "sexy", even the one salesman at the dealer where I bought it called it (jokingly) "ugly little b***ard".

A lot of people think it's a Smart Car.

i've noticed that most EV owners do name their cars. My Nissan leaf is BluSky (due to its color) and my iMiev is Barney as a reference to the Flintstones (and compared to the Leaf, looks like from the stone age). Before my two EV's i've never named any of my cars. have you named your iMiev?

braineo said:
Before my two EV's i've never named any of my cars. have you named your iMiev?

Usually don't name my cars and haven't named my I-MiEV either. It's a great car and nothing to do with the car itself. Just not something I normally do, maybe because all my previous cars helped deplete my bank accounts in one way or another.

When folks mistake it for a Smart car, I tell 'em it's a Smarter Car.
MR BEAN is supposed to refer to the car, not it's business-analyst owner, but the label works on so many levels....
My first i was dubbed the Silver Slipper, but that didn't really stick. :roll:

We call our "Uhura"

C0-1212o.jpg

in reference to Nyota Uhura from Star Trek

220px-Zoe_Saldana_2%2C_2013.jpg

because this car is hi-tech, black, thin and beautifull.

steph said:
We call our "Uhura"
in reference to Nyota Uhura from Star Trek
because this car is hi-tech, black, thin and beautifull.

Not to mention the Trek-y chevron emblems on the car. Wait a sec, if your car is thin, are you callin' our 'merican versions FAT!?

If I buy this car it will not be called the Miev.
I haven't even figured out how to pronounce it yet.

I've only had a few cars that got a name.
The old '59 Chevy we called the "Boat".
Had a cute little blue car we just called "Baby Blue".

I want the brown Miev and the "Bean" sounds good.
Or something to do with Coffee or something.
I think it was a major marketing oversite, not to give it a name :(

My brother who lives directly across the street from us nicknamed ours 'The Bus' because the 4 of us go most everywhere in it together - "We'll meet at the 'Bus Stop' (our garage) at 5" :lol:

Don

Had a recent conversation with a lady who is very interested in the i-MiEV and was wondering about its suitability for carrying her large dogs in the back. I couldn't resist and had to mention the complete absence of exhaust fumes from the car that will no longer penetrate the cabin and poison her pooches. :mrgreen:

Speaking of dogs, my wife prefers the term "working breed" for our Mitsi, synonymous with an Australian Shepherd or Border Collie.

Lately I've been referring to the i-MiEV as our 'workhorse', with emphasis that it is NOT a 'status symbol'. In perverse sort of way, that second statement actually appeals to some of the, uh, counterculture generation around here.

Our 2012 I-MIEV SE is called Mitzi named by our daughter who gets naming rights on all our family vehicles. My old Ford Escape Hybrid was titanium green and nickmamed Kermit because of the Ford Commercials. My slightly off red Chevy Aveo is called the Raspberry, her brother's white Pontiac Wave is surfer boy. Various white VW Eurovan Camping vans were known as Queen of depending upon where they were acquired from e.g. Queen of Austin, Queen Charlotte, Queen of Seattle, Queen of Portland.

Just returned from the Car of the Future Show in Edmonton, Alberta where we had 2 cars on displays a 2007 Plug in Prius, and Mitzi of course. 2 Tesla Roadsters, 3 Tesla S, 1 Volt, 1 Porsche Hybrid, 3 Leafs, 3 Converted Plug in Prius,, I hybrid caddy, 1 Electric Smart fortwo, a plug in hybrid focus, a couple of converted trucks one of which was a Japanese mini truck, the other a Ford transit. Plus a couple of biofuel jet engine powered dragsters, 4 electric motorbikes, and a half dozen home made electric conversions Porsche 914, 928, Scion, and some others. Everyone thought I-miev was cute but had a lousy name. Tokyo are you listening....

Rocky near Edmonton, Alberta

nt2w said:
With the immediate difficulty trying to explain the model name ("i?" "i-Meev?" "Meev?" etc), I pretty quickly nicknamed our whatever-it's-called "Igor"- pronounced like Marty Feldman's hunchback character in "Young Frankenstein:" EYE-gor.

Rich

"Igor" found a new home in Cicero NY near Syracuse. "Igor" was also given a new name: "Joule".

Igor is probably a better name especially considering "HellBoy" is the name of other car a red and rusty 1998 Honda CRV.

Back