14.5kWh storage capacity?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evcar

Hello, I've noticed in newly coming peugeot iOn (same to iMIEV) that battery capacity decreased from 16kWh to 14.5kWh according to car manual which can be seen there:

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb/

I was surprised by reading about iOn produced after 15/05/2012 - capacity is 14.5kWh and less vehicle weight.
does that mean cost reduced version of iMiev which has been heard before with lower range?

I'm glad I've bought my iOn with 16kWh lithium capacity.... but it could be interesting for future iMIEV owners as I never found any information about that....
greetings from Poland

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb/
evcar, thank you very much for this link, as it gives us the Owner's Manual in English online. As far as I know, US Mitsubishi still has not done that.

I don't know about any storage capacity change, but somehow I doubt they would be reducing it. Perhaps they are showing the "effective" capacity rather than the full theoretical capacity in order to comply with some regulations? Don't forget, the batteries we have are very conservatively controlled and thus restricted at their limits, preventing both a high charge and a heavy discharge from occurring.

no problem for a link - it was shown in my printed car manual :)

about capacity if you look for older manual version (there are three versions) you will see that in the older ones capacity is shown as 16kWh, also weight is about 60kg more. So they definitelly going to reduce pack capacity...

also the manual is in English and any other european languages, including mine (polish) :)

evcar said:
about capacity if you look for older manual version (there are three versions) you will see that in the older ones capacity is shown as 16kWh, also weight is about 60kg more. So they definitelly going to reduce pack capacity...
That is not a good sign :shock:, although 1.5kWhr and 60kg (132lbs) doesn't quite compute...perhaps this means they are improving their energy density as well?

JoeS said:
That is not a good sign :shock:, although 1.5kWhr and 60kg (132lbs) doesn't quite compute...perhaps this means they are improving their energy density as well?

I have no idea. I didn't see any with 14.5kWh capacity yet. Also I asked local Peugeot dealer about that but they don't know anything and won't have also any iOn on stock (won't get one because of "no sales" ;))

Also Mitsubishi stopped delivering rebadged imiev's to PSA (peugeot & citroen) so they might never appear....

and with better Cx=0.33 and range :)
also same kWh capacity (16kWh)

I meant newer versions to have 14.5kWh according to user manual (built after 05.2012)

NeilBlanchard said:
The US version is significantly larger than in the rest of the world. It is 4" wider and also longer if I am not mistaken.

yes but what does it means to battery capacity? ;)
I was saying 16kWh vs. 14.5kWh in the same EU model comparing newer & older manual from same car. So I advise any new imiev buyer to check what battery capacity it has ;)
Perhaps this is valid for 2013 and not now.

It's an old thread, but...

There are 16 kWh version, 88-cell, and a "light" 14,5 kWh, 80 cell. At least in Peugeot iOn.

1502e0cfe70840.jpg

analys10.jpg

It's a new from 2012 or early 2013: new i0n are equipped with smaller battery (and then smaller price), but tech improvement allow same range.

What about the 10 kWh / $19000 Mitsubishi i-Miev? Does anybody know it?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm curious how this panned out. :)

Do the later iOn and C-zero cars have the same range as their older sisters and the i-MiEV, despite the smaller battery storage spec?

Hello,

I have one question about my batery. I buy Peugeot Ion 2012 with almost 60 000 km.
I still wait for obdlink mx for better diagnostic. But I make test today.
If i connect chademo quick charger he told me start capacity 18%. Charger disconect at 82% and give me 7,5kWh.
I worry about battery. Fully charged range is about 80-90 km without A/C or heating.

Looks unbalanced, try by completing the charge at home with slow charge for whole night.
Charge shouldn't ever be manually stopped right after reaching 100%, because after charging, the balancing begins. Not leaving in charge after 100% for many times can lead to cells unbalancing, which results in apparent total capacity reduction.

Back