Maximum Range Remaining

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Malm said:
I posted here my personal record of maximum RR some days ago, that was 172 km (my i-MiEV shows this value in km), the best value of the forum at the time. In miles is 106,875, but the i-MiEV, would show me 107 miles, don't you think? Of course this issue is of no importance, but i think this record should be shared by me and mrannen.
Malm, I agree and we certainly will not quibble over the km <--> miles conversion. An argument could also be made that you were the first to set this record.

Thus, for the Maximum Range Remaining record of 107miles or 172km we currently have a tie:

3 August 2013 by Malm: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11989#p11989

20 August 2013 by mrannen: http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12247#p12247

It has been suggested that to qualify for this record that the conditions should be standardized; however, IMO that is too difficult to control and impose, and thus I think that henceforth a simple photograph will suffice, and a brief description of the conditions leading up to this would be appreciated. Good luck!

Thanks JoeS, i think your opinion is the fairest. I really enjoy playing these numbers. Congratulations mrannen for your maximum RR number.

lbcz.jpg

173 km = 107.497 miles

If there was any doubt that this record was to be shared by Malm and mrannen, now that's over. JoeS, can you update these numbers, please, please, please.

I love this game.

How a did it? in fact i'm doing it everyday, now that i´m going from Tábua to Coimbra often. 53 km without climbing and with some going down, avoiding to use the pedals, all the way. N to roll and D to brake, N to roll and D to brake. Easy, everyone can do it. Yes, Columbus's egg.

Malm said:
173 km = 107.497 miles. If there was any doubt that this record was to be shared by Malm and mrannen, now that's over. I love this game... How a did it? in fact i'm doing it everyday, now that i´m going from Tábua to Coimbra often. 53 km without climbing and with some going down, avoiding to use the pedals, all the way. N to roll and D to brake, N to roll and D to brake. Easy, everyone can do it. Yes, Columbus's egg.
malm, you now hold the new record! 173 km = 107.497 miles

Delighted to see another believer in the use of N. See Coasting in Neutral

The nice thing about this 'record' is that it is non-stressful to either our vehicle or battery pack.

Should we have one record for the smaller, lighter Euro version cars and another for the larger, heavier North American cars? . . . . or just put an asterisk in the record book?? :lol:

"Of course this issue is of no importance . . . . " - I agree wholeheartedly, since all it really amounts to is . . . . who lives at the top of the tallest hill?

"To achieve 172 km RR i climbed a hill and then drived downhill for about 20 km, using N to acelerate and C to brake, avoiding to use the aceleretion pedal. Then I charged in a town that is located in the base of the hill."

If we're going to keep such records at all, the first 'rule' must be that the car is charged at the beginning of the trip and recharged at the end of the trip at the same place - All other claims are too ridiculous to even consider

Don

"Should we have one record for the smaller, lighter Euro version cars and another for the larger, heavier North American cars? . . . . or just put an asterisk in the record book??"

I agree Don because if my car was heavier i would charge more downhill and my maximum RR should be higher. :lol:

I still think that the record should be shared with mrannen . Maybe if my display was in miles, it still showed me 107 (maybe).

New number, with the lighter euro version, this time after finding the highest mountain (90 meters) to go downhill.

wdhu.jpg

174 km = 108 miles

I don't understand why Don insists depreciating the numbers because beginning and ending the trip is not in the same place. I can start the trip at my house, climb a mountain of 1.500 meters altitude, 50 km and spent 14 bars, and then go back home downhill, the same 50 km, and after 100% charge the RR will certainly be over 170 km. In this case i will start and end at the same place, and the number will be over then 170 km because what matters to calculate this number are the last km.

Malm said:
New number, with the lighter euro version, this time after finding the highest mountain (90 meters) to go downhill.
174 km = 108 miles
Malm, your new record duly noted. Congratulatiions!
Malm said:
I don't understand why Don insists depreciating the numbers...
Malm, you have to understand that Don merely has altitude envy. :p If you scan Biloxi Mississippi on Google Earth you'll be lucky to find anything, except the Biloxi Lighthouse, over 5m. :lol: On the other hand, this allows him to be super-consistent in his mileage (unless a hurricane happens to be coming through) :lol: :p

Mrannen has now 108 miles of maximum RR personal record. We have now a tie. Malm and Mrannen both have 108 miles of maximum RR. Congratulations Mrannen. JoeS will confirm this soon, i think.

I think my i-MiEV can´t show it in miles. For now i think it´s fair to assume a tie. I know how to get more then 174 km, but I think my batteries will not be the same after, so, with my i-MiEV two and an half years old, i think it's over for me. Sorry :cry: . I think i have now 85% of the original capacity.

Malm said:
I think my i-MiEV can´t show it in miles. For now i think it´s fair to assume a tie. I know how to get more then 174 km, but I think my batteries will not be the same after, so, with my i-MiEV two and an half years old, i think it's over for me. Sorry :cry: . I think i have now 85% of the original capacity.
Ah, but this contest is non-stressful to the batteries, so you may still have a chance. Interesting that the Euro version of the iMiEV doesn't show miles.

JoeS said:
Malm said:
Ah, but this contest is non-stressful to the batteries, so you may still have a chance. Interesting that the Euro version of the iMiEV doesn't show miles.

This contest surely is stressful to the batteries. To accomplish 109 miles i´ll have to charge it 100%. I´m not doing it anymore (just when it´s absolutely needed): Everyone now knows that charging only to 80% will prolong your battery life (yes, i think the gains will not be great). Until now i was the record guy, now i'm the smart guy :) . And with 15,6% of battery degradation (2 and a half years and 50.000 km), i´m in a big disadvantage.

JoeS said:
Hey, Don, with hurricane Karen approaching, you have an opportunity to beat the RR record: just find a road that will place your iMiEV's tail to the wind, and you'll have it made in the shade! :p
:lol:
And he also will be the first to fly :lol:.

Back