My iMiev oddities...start a list

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjpod

Of course many would label the whole car odd, but I'm talking about individual things that are quirky...

Did you know that if the driver's seatbelt is not in use while driving, the sound of the turn signal goes silent? Anybody else notice this?

It is an odd bird, alright. I've never noticed the turn signal and the seat belt connection. But, I'll give it a try this afternoon.

How about the hood release is on the right side, it never made the transition to left hand drive.

psyflyjohn said:
Almost makes me wish I had joined the military (not really). :lol:
The clock has noting to do with it for me . . . . I still wish we had a 12 hour display. But I am quite glad I joined the military - Since the day I retired more than 25 years ago, a really nice check arrives in the mailbox every month, plus my wife and I get to go to the doctor for free anytime we need to :D

Don

I can't get my car horn to "beep" when I lock my doors and set the alarm. The lights blink, but no "beep". The owner's manual has instructions for how to program this but I can't get it to work.

When you get that one figured out, be sure to share it here - I miss that feature too

My car does not make the 'slow speed warning' sound at all - Never has. I don't miss it either . . . . maybe my dealer disabled it somehow before I bought it?? Kudo's to whoever is responsible!

Don

In reference to Don’s post about the 'slow speed warning sound’, does anyone know how to disable it? If so please share.

Thanks

Ok this is weird,

Sometimes when I lock the doors with the button on the key, the horn will beep sometimes it won't. Haven't seen a pattern yet to it.

The light always flash but the horn has it's own agenda..

Don.....

I don't have any low speed sound. I didn't know there was one.....

tonymil said:
I can't get my car horn to "beep" when I lock my doors and set the alarm. The lights blink, but no "beep". The owner's manual has instructions for how to program this but I can't get it to work.

So I get to reply to my own post. I tried again to set the horn to beep when the alarm is set and finally, Finally! it worked. The instructions are in the manual at page 3-8 (Answerback function), but the problem with the instructions is that they don't tell you what state the car must be in to start this procedure and the timing of holding/releasing the lock/unlock buttons are very unclear.

This is what worked for me and hopefully will work for anyone else who wants the horn to beep when setting the alarm - or who wants to disable that function. The instructions are to remove the key, open the door and turn off the headlights. Apparently they mean that literally. It is not enough to have the door open and lights off, everything must be done in sequence. So I started with the key in the "on" position but without the car actually running, I was charing while doing this. But the key was turned to "on", not "acc", the headlights were on and the driver's door was closed. I then turned the key to "lock" and removed it (this will give you a warning sund that you have left the lights on). I then opened the driver's door and left it open. I then turned off the headlights. Next I pressed and held the Lock button on the key for four seconds, then while still holding that button down I also pressed and held the Unlock button and held both buttons down for an additional six seconds - ten seconds total. I then released the Unlock button first, and within a second of that I released the Lock button, and Wahlah! I heard two beeps, indicating that the horn will now sound when I set the car alarm. It worked. Don, like you I really missed having that sound confirming that the alarm is set. With my old Passat it took two pushes of the Lock button to set the alarm and cause the horn to beep. Now with the MiEV, with one push of the Lock button the horn sounds. One annoying little oddity solved!

fjpod said:
Did you know that if the driver's seatbelt is not in use while driving, the sound of the turn signal goes silent? Anybody else notice this?

Tried this with my SE Miev, didn't get the same result, turn signal still emitted same sound as usual. UPDATE: Tried again this evening and sure enough, the turn signal went silent. In previous attempt, did not allow seat belt warning to sound before attempting turn signal, but when driving without seatbelt, turn signal does indeed go silent, guessing it doesn't want to interfere with the seat belt warning sound which takes priority as a safety issue.

DonDakin said:
Ok this is weird,

Sometimes when I lock the doors with the button on the key, the horn will beep sometimes it won't. Haven't seen a pattern yet to it.

The light always flash but the horn has it's own agenda...

Read in manual that if you press lock twice, it will beep which means you have it on a different setting than I do which allows it to beep on one push of lock button. This can be changed following manual page 3-8 as Tonymil mentioned in previous post.

Back