Correct seat warmer usage ?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iMiEVNZ7

I am not sure if you get passanger seat warmers in the USA, but here is an idea !

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/8/6/12/enhanced-buzz-19533-1344269221-6.jpg

LOL...but I think there is only a warmer under the drivers seat. I suppose the logic is that if you turn on two of them, you might as well turn on the cabin heat.

I never really did like seat heaters much. The last thing that I need heated is my butt. They should have put in heated floor mats.

And how about that seat heater switch?? Could they have put it in a more inconvenient place? can't tell when it is on unless you bend your neck under the steering wheel. My wife must have hit the switch with her knee one day and she was driving around with it on for a week before I noticed that my bum was toasty in the middle of the summer.

That is correct, only one seat warmer for the driver, everyone else suffers.

I agree, the switch is the most awful place to put it. I'm thinking of seeing if I can move it over to my left hand side where there are two dummy plates in the dash space filler by extending the switch wires if need be. The same goes for the traction control switch.

Is there a Traction Control Switch . . . . or are you maybe thinking of the Active Stability Control switch?

I ask because I found an on-line article discussing the MiEV's traction control and they said that 'unlike traction control in an ICE which only affects acceleration, the i's traction control also controls the regen function' . . . . so I was wondering what would happen if we could turn it off - Less regen, or more, or no change?

Don

Don said:
Is there a Traction Control Switch . . . . or are you maybe thinking of the Active Stability Control switch?

Maybe it's the Active Stability Control switch, sorry if I got my labels wrong. While we are on that topic, mine doesn't seem to do anything at all. Like previous cars in the past, if you push the button in - a light on the dash is supposed to illuminate, mine doesn't make any indications that the system is off.

Did you hold it in? I think it must be pushed for three seconds or so to de-activate it.

Don said:
I ask because I found an on-line article discussing the MiEV's traction control and they said that 'unlike traction control in an ICE which only affects acceleration, the i's traction control also controls the regen function' . . . . so I was wondering what would happen if we could turn it off - Less regen, or more, or no change?

Don

No change, unless the ASC kicks in, then it feels like the brakes started working less and then everything comes back to normal after the rough road or heavy braking or whatever caused the ASC to operate has ended.

Back