AC compressor recall

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yipidee

Hey all,

Earlier this week I received a recall notification from Mitsubishi, wondering if anyone else got it.

I drive a 2012 model and apparently there's a water leak risk in the AC compressor that could lead to a system error rendering the car immobile.
I'm in Japan, and have been asked to contact my nearest dealer for free replacement. Maybe people in other countries should inquire too.

zgReJpR.jpg

yipidee, thank you very much for posting this. We had several posts about a/c compressor failures years ago which, when out of warranty, were quite expensive. If I recall they were prevalent in cold areas of North America, although one was in New Orleans, Louisiana. Good to know about the possibility of coverage by the manufacturer for this failure.

Thanks for bringing up the subject!

I just looked up i-Miev in New Zealand Transport Agency and two came up.

1. Recalled: 22 Sep 2020
Statement: Passenger side inflator may deteriorate with age and moisture causing the canister to rupture on deployment.
Instructions: Contact the nearest Mitsubishi Motors dealer
Campaign Number: 2011
Email: [email protected]
Product Identifiers: I-MIEV 2010 - 2013

and

2. Recalled: 2 Jun 2020
Statement:The vacuum pump seal can deteriorate allowing moisture to enter and cause corrosion which reduces the performance of the vacuum pump. Low vacuum warning is displayed on the dash and a warning sounds.
Instructions: Take vehicle to nearest Mitsubishi Motors Dealer to have the vacuum pump replaced.
Campaign Number: 2003
Email: [email protected]
Product Identifiers: I-MIEV 2010 - 2012

tewhauranz, welcome to the forum. In North America, even though we have had a number of airbag-related and brake vacuum pump recalls as well as warranty extensions on the main battery and onboard charger (addressed in other threads), I do not recall any specifically dealing with the air conditioning compressor.

Back