Enjoying the heck out of this i-MiEV thanks to the prior owner.

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macarose

This is my second MiEV. Can't say enough great things about this model and especially the person who made this particular one a rolling reality.

A little background. My wife and I had our first MiEV for about a year. It was an unsold Carnax vehicle that they wholesaled at one of their auctions here in Atlanta. It could have been a keeper, but Atlanta's summer heat and the older battery in a base model made it a bit basic and limiting for a family of four.

This one is a completely different story.

For starters. it's a bit quieter thanks to some extra sound insulation installed on each of the doors. This 2012 model was also given the lithium ion battery early on in its life and I can swear that it charges about twice as fast as our old one. i added 12 miles in range in just an hour using the same charger we have for our LEAF.

A long list of upgrades make it more of a 2020 model than a 2012. Backup camera. An upgraded head unit with navigation. Plus thanks to a nice little flap in the middle we can divert cold air onto the battery while we drive it with the A/C on. I acutally want my wife to have the A/C on for a change!

There's also a quick charger on the right side which, if i had the right unit, would charge the MiEv up to 80% from turtle mode in about 45 minutes. My wife and I do most of our driving within a 5 to 10 mile radius. She dog sits, and I own a dealership. A few of you may actually know my work. I co-developed this site which has amazingly gets about 100,000 unique visitors a year.

http://www.dashboard-light.com/

Anyhow, I can't say enough thank yous to siai47 for all his great work. We spoke for hours about everything and anything. I'm doing my very best to make this one I keeper. So If anyone visiting the Atlanta area wants a MiEV for a random afternoon drive, feel free to PM me.

All the best!

Steve Lang

P.S., My son's first drive by himself also took place with this car. He followed me home after a late evening at the dealership and luckily managed to not hit any curbs, pedestrians, and stop signs. Thank God this car has a short wheelbase!

They do 'grow' on you, don't they? There are several of us here with 2 or 3 of them, so I guess you could say we're 'addicted'. In 50+ years of driving, I've never experienced a car which is better at what it was designed to do than these cars - You'd better grab a spare (or two) while you can still find them with very low miles and for ridiculously cheap prices!!

Don

Back