Finally, no more ugly scratches!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wee John

Finally got time this weekend to polish the scratches out of my black paint. Here are before and after pictures. It got scratched from the dealer washing (scrubbing) it, I didn't see the scratches until the following day because I picked it up at night time, they offered to machine polish them out, I declined, I really didn't trust them to do it. The scratches were on every panel and I couldn't to look at the car without wishing I had the time to get the machine out and start polishing. It really is a joy to look at now. JoeS, I know you will be smiling at this knowing just how much work I have ahead of me in the future with this colour.

8571591_orig.jpg

4745029_orig.jpg

Wee John said:
JoeS, I know you will be smiling at this knowing just how much work I have ahead of me in the future with this colour.
WeeJohn - nice job! Good to know that it can be buffed out. Yes, one does spend a lot of time correcting the damage done by 'professionals'. Compared to the time and effort spent washing the Gen1 Honda Insight, the iMiEV is a BIG CAR :!: Other than the Insights and now iMiEV, all my other cars get washed once every five years, whether they need it or not. :roll:

Back