My least favorite feature

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmcbrine

The "low temperature" chime. Every time it goes off (for the first time in a while), I'm like "Ack! What's wrong with the car?" before I realize "Oh, it's cold outside. Thanks, I knew that."

wmcbrine said:
The "low temperature" chime. Every time it goes off (for the first time in a while), I'm like "Ack! What's wrong with the car?" before I realize "Oh, it's cold outside. Thanks, I knew that."
As someone who lives in a generally-mild climate I welcome the rare (to me) "snowflake" warning. I live on a winding country road and there is one curve which retains moisture and it occasionally gets 'black ice', which manages to wipe out at least a couple of cars each winter. Although the 37°F (2.8°C) alarm trigger is perhaps a wee bit high, I, for one, appreciate this warning.

wmcbrine said:
. . . . . "Oh, it's cold outside. Thanks, I knew that."
Yep, I noticed before I got in the car . . . . and waiting for the car to confirm it never bothers me in the least

"Least favorite feature" and that's the best you could come up with??? - You must REALLY love the car!

Don

It's not really a 'transmission' in the sense we use that word in automotive applications. It's a fixed gear reduction where the motor is directly connected to the wheels 100% of the time - No neutral, no reverse, no changing 'gears' in any way. The creep you don't like is not function of the transmission - It's a deliberate feature electronically generated to make people who are used to driving ICE's with automatic transmissions more comfortable. They could have made it a selectable feature with an ON/OFF switch, like they did with the ASC if they wanted to . . . . not everybody is happy with the way auto trans ICE's creep ahead, so why do we want to emulate that anyway?? Some of us have never owned an automatic ICE before and we would certainly be happier if our EV without an automatic trans didn't pretend to have one

Don

My least-favorite feature are the visibility-obscuring headrests. Unless I have passengers I always remove them, but do leave the driver's headrest in place. The front passenger headrest fits very nicely on the seat with the prongs poking under the backrest and can be reinstalled in seconds.

My least favorite feature is that the driver's seat doesn't slide back far enough for me to exit the car easily.

As I have aged my knees are not happy with bending far enough to easily enter or exit.

If my memory serves me correctly some early adapters were able to move the seat slides further back.

veimi said:
...If my memory serves me correctly some early adapters were able to move the seat slides further back.
Someone was trying to get enough of us to subscribe to contract with an outfit that fabricated seat support extensions. Unfortunately, not enough of us signed up and the deal fell through. At 6' I'm ok with it, but my 6'6" son refuses to accept a free i-MiEV from me as his legs simply don't fit (so he says... :roll: ). After the hassle of getting the airbag warning reset after disconnecting the seat connectors, I'm not interested in messing with seats any more.

Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:34 am

The "low temperature" chime. Every time it goes off (for the first time in a while), I'm like "Ack! What's wrong with the car?" before I realize "Oh, it's cold outside. Thanks, I knew that.""

Doesn't bother me. I find that feature slightly useful. It goes off IIRR at 37 degrees Fahrenheit. It's not just saying "it's cold out there.
What it's trying to tell you is that at that temperature or near it is the greatest chance of encountering so called black ice. Black ice is often unexpected because it can occur just about freezing and when the rest of the road is totally ice free. You come around a turn onto black ice and all your techniques and antilock brakes are almost useless.... you are almost certainly going to go off the road on that scenario unless you spot the black ice and get the card down REAL slow before hitting it. I know. When I was 16 I totaled a car on black ice. :oops:
Do when it goes off I think.... "OK... watch for ice... especially black ice."

My least favorite feature is that Mitsubishi has virtually abandoned me... nearest service is 192 miles away... and with the market depreciation of this be an orphan now, if I got in any accident that ran up more than a few thousand dollars in damage my insurer would total the car and give me about $5000.... not enough to make a dent into getting an equivalent replacement.

In terms of mechanical least favorite features.... Humm? Having to reach around the steering wheel any time I want to chance the display LCD from outside temperature to range remaining (or any of it's other alternate displays) is a PITA. Also lament that they didn't put a heated seat on the passenger side (mine is 2012.... I think they added heated passenger seat by 2014.) I do understand why the put bigger tires on the rear, but having different front tires makes it impossible to do true tire rotations.

That said, it has many small features I do like.

JoeS said:
wmcbrine said:
As someone who lives in a generally-mild climate I welcome the rare (to me) "snowflake" warning. I live on a winding country road and there is one curve which retains moisture and it occasionally gets 'black ice', which manages to wipe out at least a couple of cars each winter. Although the 37°F (2.8°C) alarm trigger is perhaps a wee bit high, I, for one, appreciate this warning.

I have slid on ice many times when it was 37 degrees. I like the chime.

Hi Folks,

The near freezing temps ding was un-nerving till I knew what it was!

For me, the least favorite 'feature' is the right/rear pillar obstructs vision when merging.
I've learned to lean forward/back to better check what's coming, but am still cautious.

The headlight dimmer is kindof soft, I've learned to be very deliberate with it.
Our other car has a clearly heard/felt 'click' when using the dimmer.

Double the range would be nice, but really, I'm ok with what it does now.

A 1958 VW microbus with the big, cloth sunroof and 25 windows was probably my favorite ride ever.
But for just regular driving, Maeve is the best ever, out of many cars.

Thanks and good health, Weogo

Back