Different versions

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thanar

Hello,

I am in the process of getting one of the triplets (i.e. Mitsubishi i-MiEV / Peugeot iOn / Citroën C-Zero) and I am a bit puzzled on what I see. I am searching on mobile.de and stumping upon 49kW, 35kW and 29kW versions of the triplets. Are there really so many versions of the motor? Or is this something completely different?

On a similar note, which model year should I avoid, or is there a particularly good model when it comes to battery/motor that should make me spend some extra?

What's a 'triplet'?? Been here for 7 years and never heard that term before

To my knowledge, every model of the iMiEV uses the same electric motor

Don

thanar said:
Hello,

I am in the process of getting one of the triplets (i.e. Mitsubishi i-MiEV / Peugeot iOn / Citroën C-Zero) and I am a bit puzzled on what I see. I am searching on mobile.de and stumping upon 49kW, 35kW and 29kW versions of the triplets. Are there really so many versions of the motor? Or is this something completely different?

On a similar note, which model year should I avoid, or is there a particularly good model when it comes to battery/motor that should make me spend some extra?

All have identical everything other than the drive battery. The Imiev always has a 16kwh battery, the others are 14kwh I believe. After 2012 they have better battery chemistry, but not much difference to be honest. Unsure what your kW figures relate to, but I think it may be the different power outputs on non-EU cars (remember reading something somewhere).

Anyway, not much to differentiate between European cars. Personally I like the Imiev interior the best, but the electrical side is largely identical. I dont think the IOn/ C-zero have the B mode (full regen), but it can be obtained (post on here about that).

Minor differences in IMIEV trim post 2012. If I was looking, id get a post 2012 car that has benefited from a mild climate... not too hot or cold, and preferably not lived by the sea all its life.

Back