Cargo space dimensions

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evo221

Hi,

I'm trying to find out the cargo space dimensions with the rear seats down, and also the dimensions of the hatch opening. I've not been able to find this posted online anywhere and I don't have access to my miev to measure it myself right now. I'm trying to work out if an Evoc bike travel bag with external dimensions quoted to be 138 cm x 39 cm x 85 cm will fit.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Evo.

P.S. Bag details at https://www.evocsports.com/products/bags/bike-travel-bag

You don't say where you're from, but with the dimensions in millimeters, I'd hazard a guess that you're either in Canada or Europe. The North American iMiEV is a good bit larger than the Euro model, so you should probably specify which one you have. With the NA model and the seats down, I *think* you can slide in a standard size washer or dryer and close the hatch - It's a pretty large cargo area

Don

138cm = 54.3"
39cm = 15.4"
85cm = 33.5"

Evo221, I just ran a tape measure around the back of my North American i-MiEV, and my take is that it *might* work IF the passenger seat is moved forward, as the bag not only needs to be diagonal but also laying over at an angle. You might not be able to carry a passenger.

Thanks for bringing attention to this nice travel product (ahem :roll: ), but why bother with the bag, as an ordinary bicycle fits in the back (at least in NA) of the i-MiEV, even without taking off the front wheel? See the photo in this link:
http://myimiev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1428&p=8818#p8818

Edit: if you're going to the airport or train you can just place the bag on top of the bike and then insert the bike into the bag after you get out.

Hi Evo,

With the rear seats down, the storage space width is a maximum of about 48" 122cm, and
length behind the seats is about 51" 130cm.

The rear opening diagonal is about 44" 112cm.
Your case diagonal is about 37" 94cm so would likely go in.

I'm designing a board to go in the back that makes a single, flat shelf surface.
It will be hinged off-center so it will fit in the space, and cut to fit around the wheel wells, etc.

Thanks and good health, Weogo

Back