Managing private messages in this forum?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acensor

This is mostly for Joe, our Moderator.
But no problem if someone else wants to chime in.

I rarely use PM....but usually find is quirky and sometimes can't get it to do what I want.
( for example...II have been trying to send a PM to JoeS* and it isn't apoearing in my Sent folder :x .)

It doesn’t allow more than 20 messages in the inbox or any one folder.
So.....When my inbox got full, I finally got around that by taking excess messages out of the inbox and putting them in a newly made folder called temp.
Needed To do that again this morning, but I can’t figure out or remember how to do that again.
Any ideas?

Alex
* P.S., Joe , would you shoot me an email to [email protected] ?

acensor said:
( for example...II have been trying to send a PM to JoeS* and it isn't apoearing in my Sent folder :x .)
This forum software (PhPBB) has a quirk where messages don't end up in the sent folder until the recipient reads it. So that's actually a useful feature, once you know about it.

acensor, I finally got back online as we've been having some 'interesting' weather and lots of downed trees and power outages. I personally welcome all these violent storms and all the rain they finally bring. Love razzing my friends that my electric car is powering my house (even though it's just a simple 12v inverter running the fridge). If things get serious, I have the ability to hook up a lot of 48v battery packs and charge my cars if needbe, with solar to recharge.

Back on-topic, acensor, I just sent you an email.

coulomb addressed one of the quirks (features?) of our PM system. I have a five PMs in my outbox that haven't been retrieved for years. I thought everyone gets an email when a PM comes in, but I guess I need to review all the settings. Anyone wish to help acensor out, as I'm not very conversant with the PM system limitations.

Back