Temperatures Slightly Below Freezing (30 deg F)-All Dash Lights Come On-Car won't Start

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like an issue with the 12 volt battery. Might need some water added, or likely replaced at this point if it's the original battery.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Yesterday when the car wouldn't start, I turned the windshield wipers on and they seemed to be perhaps just a little bit slower than normal but not slow enough for me to suspect the 12V battery. The car hadn't been driven for about a week and during that week it was significantly colder.

Today, slightly warmer, per your advice, I measured the battery voltage. It was 11.97 Volts.

I started the car and it started normally. On colder days is there a low temperature cutout limit?

When the car is armed by temporarily turning the key to its furthest position, is there a certain amount of current that must be supplied to ensure starting?

The car is a 2012 and the battery has been maintained, but I suspect that a new battery would have prevented this issue.

Back