Observations and Questions about a high mileage battery

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1pk

So my miev has 144K km on the odometer. Canion reports the capacity at 29.4 ah and the range has decreased significantly. I would say it's 75 km max. The RR guage is the most accurate ever as there is no capacity remaining below the turtle. I commute in the car (80km daily) but I only use it for short local trips because fast charging it has become problematic. There are several fast chargers in my area that do not work with it any more and the ones that do take much longer to charge. The charge will now terminate at between 50% and 70% and the exclamation point warning light comes on. I have to restart several times to get to a level of charge that will get me home (I used to travel 40km on 6 bar, now it takes 10).

All cells in my pack charge to 4.1v, I have 2 that drop 15mv below the average pack voltage when the SOC is low.

I know there are some of you that have high mileage batteries. Has anyone else seen this sort of fast charging behaviour?

I have been losing about 1 ah per 1k km for the past 5k km. I'm curious if I should expect capacity loss to continue at this rate or if it may level off.

Cheers

Pete

I agree. Since you're still within the 100K mile, 10 year battery warranty, there's just the off chance they may decide to do something with it - Certainly worth a try!

Don

Back