Yokohama Avid Envigors Discontinued!?!?!

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctromley

My front tires were toast so I bought some new front Yokos last August from TireRack. Installed them in October and only a few hundred miles later, I just picked up a screw in one. Getting it patched tomorrow. TireRack includes a road hazard warranty, so I looked that up and found that TR no longer carries the Yokos for the i-MiEV. Did a little digging and found that other sellers still do, but when I checked the Yokohama site I found that the only Avid Envigor they list is the ZPS - a run-flat version and not in our size.

My rears are about half gone, so it looks like my next need for tires will be for a full set. I'm going to get those now, even if it might take me a few years to wear out what I have. The last I read here, the only choices we have are Dunlops or Yokos, and the Yokos are disappearing. I know Conti makes a front only and there have been some complaints about them. And the Dunlops are ridiculously expensive. FWIW, the Dunlop Enasave is no longer on Dunlop's website either. Do I remember reading something here about TireRack buying out the remaining stock? How long will that last?

So I guess I'll also re-read the thread on converting to Mini wheels that take more available sizes. It's not a cheap or quick approach, but with only the Dunlop option left and no assurance how long those will be available, it might be the only way to keep these cars on the road.

If there's some recent development I haven't heard about that would give me reason to panic a bit less about this, I'd like to hear it....

no problem

https://www.1010tires.com/Tires/145-65R15

https://www.google.ru/search?newwindow=1&source=hp&ei=5YLvW5ymKcqqsAGhvq-ACA&q=buy+wheels+on+mitzubishi+imiev&oq=&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.35i39l5.0.0..5344...2.0..0.0.0.......0......gws-wiz.....5.EJfvt9WSvyo

I'm a big Yoko fan - I've had them on several cars over the years. One thing I really like is most of them, depending on the size, are made in Japan. But honestly, they've never made a decent iMiEV tire which wears well and doesn't knock 10% or more off your range, so IMO it's no big deal if they've quit making anything in our sizes

Don

Back