How Many of You Have Had a Windshield Replaced?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don

Got a tiny rock chip in the lower passenger side corner - Another inch lower or to the right and it would have missed the glass completely. That tiny chip caused the glass to break almost all the way across to the drivers side, so it's time for a new windshield

They have the glass in Ohio, but the trim kit which is needed to install it doesn't come with it and there are none in the USA, so it's been ordered from Japan - ETA 2 weeks. Total cost will be right at $500

Don

Same thing happened to me. Replaced mine in Aug 2017. Had the crack for a year and got tired of it. Initially we had the glass drilled to stop the growth. But the crack laughed at that.
Total cost with tax from Safelite was $417.85.
-Barry

I'd rephrase the question to "How many windshields have you had replaced?", as I'm on my third cracked windshield right now. Two separate origins with three cracks, fortunately all on the passenger side. I'm trying to get through the winter on this one, as the 'road sand' they use locally is more like 3/8" minus crushed stone! (Also holding out 'till 100k miles, at which point the car will get refurbished with the low mileage collision-salvage battery, windshield, paint buff, etc..

jray3 said:
I'd rephrase the question to "How many windshields have you had replaced?", as I'm on my third cracked windshield right now.
So . . . . you've had ZERO replaced, so far? :lol:

Don

Don said:
jray3 said:
I'd rephrase the question to "How many windshields have you had replaced?", as I'm on my third cracked windshield right now.
So . . . . you've had ZERO replaced, so far? :lol:

Don

Clever reading Don, but alas I've replaced two of these rock magnet windshields already, and the third one didn't even make it a full year unscathed. Since the odds of glinting sunshine around here are much lower than an additional rock for the next 6 months or so, I'll keep the cracked one!

I've had two replaced. The first one's install was delayed for the gasket, but the second one they had the windshield out before they realized the missing 'kit' so they just re-used the original gasket (I ok'd it). No leaks. I'm fascinated by the whole windshield replacement process, with quality of installation very dependent upon the skill of the installer.

In my 200.000km and 6 years I replaced 1, crushed by myself, until now no chips, scratches or other damage to the windshields.

Back