Premium trim bluetooth AND spare keys

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paxfamilia

Does anyone know how to re-set a 4 digit PIN required to start bluetooth on the used Premium 2012 we just bought? Daughter is frustrated as that's the only feature she really cares about (as in probably wouldn't care if it drove, ha ha).

Any advice on getting spare keys would be great as well. So far, haven't even managed to find just a door key. Ordered two supposed transponder keys off of e-Bay, took to local hardware who cut, and the one won't even open the door (slips in but won't turn). Going to try a local guy who supposedly specializes in hard to find keys and transponders, but frustrated about trying to get more keys. (The car came with only one.)

Much thanks!

Did you get an owners manual with the car? Lots of what you're asking is explained there. If you don't have one, you can go online and download the .pdf file and read it. That will explain many things

For a key to open the door, any good locksmith can make a copy of your existing key and that will work fine. For the transponder equipped keys, it's a little more difficult. If you have two of them, I think you can program a 3rd one yourself - But nearly everyone who wants another one wants it because they don't have one of the OEM ones, so they don't have two and can't. When you have just one, it's a trip to the Mitsu dealer to get a second one programmed

Haven't read it lately, but I think your Bluetooth questions are covered in the owners manual

Otherwise . . . . how is she liking her car?

Don

It took multiple tries for our most reputable local locksmith to get the programming correct on a new key, but he persevered and succeeded.

Back