Mitsu EVSE Ground Fault

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradleydavidgood777

I have a 2017 Mitsu EVSE which is a Yazaki model 9482A128. It worked fine for about a year and now about half the time I plug it in I get a ground fault.

I've plugged it in several locations other than my house where I know there are good grounds and I get the same behavior.

I figured I'd try to open it up and check the wiring to see if it looks solid. I removed all of the screws and carefully used a screwdriver to pry it open but it is not opening easy.

Has anyone had any experience opening one of these?

Or any other advice?

Thanks

i've never opened one of those, the Panasonic version has a potted control board and it is quite a pain to remove all the conformal coating without damage. i'm gonna guess that your board will be potted also.

The old version does 2 ground checks before allowing charging: one checks that the ground wire exists and provides a current flow path back for the Line; the other leaks a very low current thru the ground fault detection coil to prove that the GFCI circuit is functioning properly.

46uuknM.jpg

GGTkYdx.jpg

My Mitsu dealer replaced my stock EVSE under warranty. They said I still have the balance of my 5/60 warranty. I'm a happy guy.

I only use it about once a year maybe - like this past year at a campground, but I didn't want to buy another EVSE and it's nice to have if I sell the car some day.

Back