Chains

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradleydavidgood777

I was reading thru my manual while waiting at the dealership and it said that tire chains could not be used because of the low clearance between the tires and the car body.

I had been thinking of getting some of those thin tire chains for the rear tires, and stowing them in the car just in case to get out of a parking spot if snow fell or whatever, but not to drive down the road with them on.

Just wondering if that makes any sense or if anyone else has had the same idea.

Oh yes, I did see that in the manual also. Thanks for reminding me.

Later on the same day after I posted this, I was thinking about it, and I decided that the chains idea really makes no sense at all. By the time you would get them on you would have to drive the car onto them, etc...would not be any help I am sure.

So your reminder is really the best idea to have in case it does get stuck. I also already have a small collapsable shovel so that would help too.

A really good thing to carry in the winter is a gardening shovel/trowel (because it's small) and a gallon sized zip lock bag full of dry sand, or cat litter, or fine-ish landscape gravel. Between that and the disabling of the traction control (if needed) will get you out of just about any "Stuck" situation.

I've found the iMiev pleasantly, surprisingly capable on snow and ice.

Aerowhatt

Back