Meet The Black Adder

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jray3

As my current i-MiEV is named MR BEAN, it's hard to believe that I'm not obsessed with Rowan Atkinson, but the new addition has been dubbed, "Black Adder", in a nod to another of his successful Britcoms....
This one is a 2012 ES with quick charge and 43,000 miles that I picked up from a friend (the third of 3 i-MiEV in the Seattle EV Assoc.) for $5k.
Not a perfect car due to the tacky aftermarket wheel covers, missing rear headrests and a couple of scratches, but as we all know, a fine automobile. I'm sprucing it up as a Christmas present for my dear old mom, who dislikes climbing into dad's pickup, and absolutely will not drive that monster. Dad's made a number of drives in MR BEAN during visits, and is very excited about this little subterfuge...
Black%20Adder.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ja6h9a1n39aval/Black Adder.jpg?dl=0

Hey Jay, nice addition to the family, and good that you have your dad onboard. Very appropriate name! Hope your mom likes black...

Just out of curiosity, have you by any chance made a battery capacity measurement? At this stage of their lives, my impression is that 'normal' for a 2012 with around 40,000 miles is anywhere between 36Ah and 40Ah.

Now, tell us about driving it over to your parents'....

Back