Windscreen washer bottle

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasmin

Hi all,

A silly question resulting from a stupid moment! I had a small shunt / prang the other day, which was mostly my bad. No real damage done, and cosmetics easily repaired with a heat gun persuasion of the bumper and a bit of spray paint. *But* and this is a big but, the windscreen washer bottle appears to have been cracked, and now leaks out any screenwash over the tarmac rather than on my windscreen :(

Mine is the European model (not sure if it's different to the north american version?) and I can't figure out how to remove it so I can seal it up with some epoxy, or fit a replacement if I can find an affordable one. Has anyone worked out how to do get it out? Hoping it doesn't involve having to remove the entire front bumper assembly to do it!

On the European model... looks like you would have to take out the off side front headlight cluster and the bumper I would have thought. Can't see any other way round it unless you can get to it via the front off side wheel arch by removing all the plastic lining.

There isn't a huge amount of space either.

Also, for what it's worth, if your in the UK... ive had very good results using CT1, it's like a clear all weather silicone, but it's as sticky as he'll, and flexible too... so if I was repairing a washer bottle I'd use CT1.... Google it... comes in a tube like bathroom silicone. It's extremely good stuff.

Back