NikoV6

Re: New member needs commute distance help please!

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:44 pm

Cheers Don! Good points!

It's done, collect the car Friday, can't wait!!

First trip is Watford to home, 76 miles mainly M1 motorway!!! Looking at the Polar map I can chedeabo charge at 37 miles, thinking a steady 60ish on motorway will get me there. Then the great big charging point of Milton Keynes is not far away!!

Entry to EV ownership complete :D

sandange

Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:04 am

Congratulations on taking your first giant steps into the world of EV's
:D
Hope you enjoy many electric miles with smiles.
Puey Bluey 2014 Miev
76,400 miles, 123,000 km
Previous EVs
Blackie - 2012 ES Miev 2 years - 67,000 km / (41,630 miles)
Total Electric miles driven
118,000, (190,000 km)

BenBrown

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:12 am

Congratulations as well. Regarding cold weather driving...

After a friend living in Japan sent me photos I realized it was culturally normative for many Japanese to consider heating mainly the lower half of the body and wearing warmer clothing on top in the "living room" of traditonal homes. This must have translated into how Mitsu chose to support heating in their cars...
The first year I owned, Gregg, my imiev, I nearly froze tohave enough range to visit friends in a neighboring town. This past winter I was toasty warm without adding any new components of my car. I added new components to my body.
Wrapping my lower half with a thick heavy woolen blanket and wearing a top quality goose down jacket (and wool gloves and regular knit stocking hat) nothing got cold. I mainly relied on occasional burst of seating heat to energize the system.

The remaining challenge was keeping the windows de-iced. (if only electric window defrosters were allowed in the front window. Still, the range was some better than relying totally on resistance heating and I was much more comfortable.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”