App for EV owners to communicate regarding charging?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbW

I'm searching for any kind of app that allows EV owners to easily communicate with each other regarding charging opportunities. More precisely, allowing an EV owner that needs to charge to easily contact another EV owner who is currently charging and asking if it's okay to unplug them to charge, or ask them to move their vehicle if it is finished charging.

I searched for such an app or method of communication a couple years ago and *vaguely* recall seeing something about an app/website that allowed you to print out or order a QR code sticker you could apply to your vehicle. Other EV owners using this app could scan your QR code, and you would be notified by the app letting you know another EV owner wanted to contact you about the charging you were currently using.

It's also possible I'm completely remembering this incorrectly. In any event, is anyone aware of any such app that provides a similar service? With two EVs in our garage, and more EVs out on the road taking up available EVSEs, I'd like to enroll in something like this to make it easier for other EV owners to contact me if they need to use the charger I'm currently using.

If such an app/service does not currently exist, you all should completely forget that I said anything about it, and I'll just develop the app/service myself and make a mint (or not)!

PlugShare does this, although "easily" is subjective. You have to make the choice to "check in" when you start charging. If you do that, then other users can message you through the app. People also often leave comments when checking in, along the lines of "OK to unplug" (or not).

Back