Rock in the windshield

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marathonor

Hi
Just camingt back from a nice ride ...an old car was in front of me and I received a rock...I have now a 1/2 inch spot (star shape) in my windshield...what do you recommend?? I m in Québec (LAVAL)..repair..change..the cost to change it seems to be 1000CAD..thanks..Olivier

Thanks for your reply.
I will also discretly call my insurance tomorrow in order to know if they will consider it as a claim...which in this case won't be good as I will pay more in insurance fee next year.

I will also look for a specialized opinion from a Windshield repair place.

Thanks again.

Olivier

I've dreaded the thought of a rock to the windshield since we bought our first iMiEV 5 years ago. I always assumed the windshield would be both hard to get and expensive - If someone quoted you $1000 to replace it, sounds like my fears were correct

If it's not a bad 'star' and not in a location where you'll be distracted looking through it every time you drive, they can do miracles these days repairing them - We just had a chip in our Ford repaired last month. It was low on the passenger side and the repair made it 95% invisible and I never notice it. If you decide to get it fixed, do it ASAP as they can spread pretty fast if you do nothing and then they can't be repaired

Don

Thanks Don. I will go tomorrow. Bad luck it s on my side, not directly in front of me but I can see it..and more when the sun is there..1000$ is just an estimate from a Web site..

Hi,
I went to a place today to try a repair but finally the windshield has cracked ;o((

I had no other choice that to claim to my insurance...hopefully the place I went did find a new windshield and it's now new.

The place and the guys were awesome.

It's in Laval, Qc, Canada Vitroplus/Ziebart 1740 Bd Curé Labelle.

I went to the place at 13h30 and at 15h30 my car was ready...1168$ CAD....

Olivier

As I mentioned earlier, where I live this is a no fault item which doesn't affect your insurance.

I was wondering what effect your claim will have on your insurance premiums.

I will tell you in 2 years as I've paid my insurance for 2 years. They told me that I could be impacted but they will now when it will be time for the renewal.

The new windshield is XYG brand, I had no other brand available.

Back