anyone in Toronto want to loan/rent ?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiev

This was posted over on the DIY electric car site, Looking...

Hello,

CBC producer is Looking to rent an electric car for filming an episode of a serial on 18th April, 2017 Tuesday in Toronto downtown CBC studio. You can drive in the car to the studio and drive away once the shooting is finished. Any model car is fine as long as it is fully electric. A day of rental will be paid.

Let us know if if you have any lead or use this opportunity to feature their car in a TV serial.

JR

Hope someone with an i-MiEV responds to that. Might be the most advertising the car will ever get in NA.

I volunteered my 2012 SE by contacting the president of the electric car site.

I haven't heard back yet.

I was thinking that perhaps the reason that they wanted an electric car was because it is an indoor shoot and there are likely fire restrictions on having an IC car inside.

Just an update.

I received an email reply from the EVS president.

It turns out that the individual requesting the car is actually a participant on the Canadian show Dragon's Den (equivalent to and a precursor of Shark Tank).

He is not willing to compensate the owner for their time, lost salary, car wash, or basic expenses.

Since there would be no mention of electric cars on the show and this is strictly a commercial venture that benefits only this individual, it isn't an activity that the EVS would want to support as a volunteer event.

Back