4 Year Mark

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PV1

Staff member
Today marks 4 years of i-MiEV ownership :D . These fantastic little jellybeans continue to impress. Just today someone parked in front of my space at work, but no sweat, the narrow i-MiEV slipped through and I could go to lunch :lol: .

Outside of a failed cell at 21,000 miles, maintenance boils down to tires, washer fluid, and windshield wipers, in that order. Bear has now been fitted with a 2" hitch receiver, so now I can haul my newer bike, which won't fit inside without disassembly.

I don't sweat when the roads get bad, as the car rides like it's on rails. Ride quality is just as good today as it was when new, although a few squeaks and rattles have formed in the dash. Overall condition is excellent, save for a gouge in the windshield, a small door ding, and a few scrapes on the interior panels. I'm just shy of 40,000 miles, making for a yearly average of just under 10,000 miles per year.

Now for some detailed statistics.
Code:
Total Solar Energy Production	 46,104.58 kWh
Lifetime Energy Consumption		10,005.94 kWh
Total Miles							 39,657 miles
Total Energy Cost* 				  $700.42
Energy Efficiency				 	3.96 Mi./kWh
											$54.03 Mi./Dollar
Estimated Fuel Savings			  $5,500+
											1,586 gallons
Net Vehicle Cost					  $15,345

*Based on a cost of $0.07 per kWh. Does not reflect incurred costs to use public charging.
These figures are for Bear. Unfortunately, getting detailed usage on Koorz is difficult due to random use (whereas I solely drive Bear almost daily).

Out here enjoying (and worrying about) 60 degree days:

Attachments

• 84DE35BB-0CBD-4830-824F-18C21B618D61.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 2,241
Back