Any Trick to Reattaching Main Front Windshield Wiper?

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veimi

The guy who shovels my snow knocked off the main front windshield wiper while cleaning off my car.

Because he couldn't get a hold of me, he replaced it with one of the wipers from my smartcar.

When we finally got together he handed me the ImiEV wiper and a little black plastic clip which looks undamaged. A quick check of the car reveals that the wiper should snap back on, but there is too much snow to take on the task.

My question is, is there any trick or special sequence to putting on the plastic clip?

Hi veimi. I've just returned home and refreshed my own memory about how that plastic piece at the base of the windshield wiper is attached:

If it's off, it simply snaps back into place. If you want to take it off, you simply pry the sides of the plastic apart with your fingers and pull up. Easy-peasy.

Thanks for the reply.

The wiper and clip, although separated, both look OK.

I couldn't figure out why he would replace the original with a wiper from another car unless he thought, because of the two separate pieces, that the original was broken.

Saturday and Sunday are supposed to reach 54 degrees F. and hopefully a lot of the snow will have disappeared so that I can have a look at it.

veimi said:
I couldn't figure out why he would replace the original with a wiper from another car unless he thought, because of the two separate pieces, that the original was broken.
I'm wondering why he thought the i-MiEV needed the wiper more than the Smart did. :?:

Back