Cold weather vs battery warmer package???

Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi i-MiEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjpod

anybody know if there is a difference between the two? dealership certainly doesn't.

On one car I saw, the Cold Weather package was a $150 factory charge add-on. On another it was part of a $700 quick charger add on but it was called "battery warmer".

As I understand it, the cold weather package is highly recommended in areas like upstate New York. The fast charger package includes the cold weather package but if there aren't any level 3 chargers within the driving range of your car then buying that package is a gamble that at sometime in the future there will be some installed or that it may be a good thing to have for resale value. That is why I ordered and am waiting for an es model with the fast charger package.

dsmall24us said:
As I understand it, the cold weather package is highly recommended in areas like upstate New York. The fast charger package includes the cold weather package but if there aren't any level 3 chargers within the driving range of your car then buying that package is a gamble that at sometime in the future there will be some installed or that it may be a good thing to have for resale value. That is why I ordered and am waiting for an es model with the fast charger package.
Figured as much. I see the 480 volt fast charger as a waste, frankly, as there is no infrastructure in the NYC area, and I would only be buying the car as a city car. 240 volts should be more than enough...

So my car came with the fast charger. I took it because of the raspberry color...lol. People are telling me, " boy, that's a funny looking car, but it sure is a nice color."

Anyway, I think I read somewhere that the battery warmer doesn't kick in until -13 F. Anybody know more?

Back